Military Rank Structure

Got it :)
------------------
The young second lieutenant approached the crusty old first sergeant and asked him about the origin of the commissioned officer insignias.

"Well, LT, it's history and tradition. First, we give you a gold bar representing that you're valuable BUT malleable. The silver bar of a first lieutenant represents value, but less malleable. When you make captain, you're twice as valuable so we give you two silver bars.

"As a colonel, you soar over military masses, hence the eagle. As a general, you're obviously a star. That answer your question, LT?"

"Yeah, but what about major and lieutenant colonel?"

"Now, son, that goes waaaaaay back in history. Back to the Garden of Eden even. You see, we've always covered our pricks with leaves . . ."
------------------

Well,.. I don't normally tell jokes on the internet, but seeing that this one is also true, on this one occasion I will break my rule.

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,Sans Serif]
A crusty old Admiral died and found himself standing before Saint Peter at the pearly gates. Peter welcomed him warmly, " Come right in, Admiral. You've served your country well and you may enter Heaven!"
The Admiral looked through the gates and stepped up to Saint Peter, " Just one thing, sonny. Hope there are no bloody Chief Stokers here. They are the rudest, most obnoxious variety of human being ever, and if there are any of them here, I'm not going in; I'd rather go to the other place."
"Don't worry, Admiral," said Saint Peter. "No Chief Stoker has ever made it into Heaven. You'll find none of 'em here."
With that the Admiral enters into Heaven. Moments later, he comes upon an amazing sight. It is a swaggering figure in full No 1 uniform, chest full of medals, cap cocked slightly on his head, an almost empty bottle of Bundy OP Rum in one hand, and a beautiful woman on either arm. Incensed, the Admiral rushed back to Saint Peter and bails him up " Hey! You said there were no Chief Stokers here! So what the hell is THAT????"

"Don't worry, Admiral," says Saint Peter gently, "That is GOD,...
He just likes to think he's a Chief Stoker."
[/FONT]

Last edited:
Back