Military rank!

A Can of Man, the majority of Army Intel. Soldiers are not “spooks”. All Army units, Battalion and up, have Intel. Personnel assigned (S-2, G-2, and J-2 staffs). I was always proud that I sought “Tactical (Field duty)" rather than “Strategic ( air condition offices)” assignments. This seemed to me to be the first step to getting info on the bad guys, and their intentions, to the Soldiers doing the fighting.

“Accurate information cuts deeper than the finest blade.” William C. Dietz

Do you get double pay then? :pirate2:

I wish I did...

Started on a submarine, first as a sailor, eventually went into Morpekh. From there, got into Airborne Academy in Ryazan, made it through, became a Paratrooper. That's as good as you get over here. Boys here dream of being in the VDV (Airborne Troops Forces). Pay is not huge, about $600 US dollars per month. I got $800, because I served in Abkhazia, which was a hot spot then. (On paper. Really a resort. Amazing place, peace of heaven on Earth. We chased the Georgians out, after that, after I became an officer, just drank beer and enjoyed myself on the beach :D)

E-5 Petty Officer Second Class, Fleet Marine Force Corpsman. Back when the earth was still cooling.

Proud Father of a Daughter in the Navy and a Son in the Marine Corps. God Bless America.

Last edited:
Back