Military Power In The World

Status
Not open for further replies.
What a interesting comment - Koreans living in the U.S are called twinkies, I have been around Koreans my whole adult life including being married to one and I have never heard that insulting expression before. Also my wife doesn`t eat rice with soy sauce and has at least 5 Korean markets with in a 20 mile radius from where we live.

This list is fantasy.It puts Brazils Gdp ahead of UK.Sorry Uk=35000$/h Brazils=10000$/head visit Rios favellas and this is obvious.As Lee Enfield says "where are Germany and france's Oil fields?" maybe they mean the UK's North sea fields?.Turkeys navy is bigger? I suppose it is if you count a rowing boat the same as a British warship or Trident nuclear sub(oh sorry nukes dont count as weapons of war???) .I could go on but I cant be bothered to point out the dozens mistakes(or should I say total lies).
This site is pure fantasy printed by fantasists so if you take any of it in and believe it I pity your gullibility.

Here is my list based on facts I know to be true,however this is an opinion nothing more.
1)Switzerland*
2) United States
3)Russia
4)China
5)6)tied-United Kingdom and France
7)North Korea
8)Israel
9)Spain
10)Germany

*If you want to know why I chose Switzerland as number one its because of its militia/country at arms policy combined with its topography and Nuclear bunkers for entire population(yes I know nukes aint included).
It could also probably buy the militarys of some of the ones GDF or GFV or S.H.1.t or whatever it is that site was called put in its top 10

Yep. In East Asia the conventional forces ranking should be something closer to:
1) Japan
2) China
3) South Korea
4) North Korea

North Korea always impresses with quantity but few people ever consider that over half their hardware doesn't even work and the crew for the hardware are usually under trained. If a war kicks off, some of those tank crews will be driving on that thing either for the first time or the first time in about six or seven years.
Japan's technological superiority is simply unbeatable in the region. It's Navy is absolutely second to none.
China's been on the up and up. Quality has improved and quantity has never been an issue.

I'd be apprehensive about putting Switzerland first. Yeah they got all the fancy stuff lined up and they got terrain on their side but their military is completely incapable of projecting any force outside its borders. Plus whether their bunkers will even turn the tide against a truly determined foe is to be determined.
Seriously, would you consider it harder to beat Switzerland in war than Germany? I would seriously doubt that.

What a interesting comment - Koreans living in the U.S are called twinkies, I have been around Koreans my whole adult life including being married to one and I have never heard that insulting expression before. Also my wife doesn`t eat rice with soy sauce and has at least 5 Korean markets with in a 20 mile radius from where we live.

Asian-Americans call a guy who's "yellow on the outside, white on the inside" a twinkie. Koreans less so than Chinese or Vietnamese Americans. Maybe they avoid using it when you're around. Your wife may not eat rice like that but I swear I've seen a LOT of guys do that. Also it's a bit painful sometimes when I hear some Korean-Americans speak in Korean. Some are actually VERY good but some are so painfully bad that I just tell them to stop so we can speak in English because it's so bad that it drains my energy trying to make sense of what they're saying.

Last edited:
Didn't Hitler choose not to invade because the Swiss had the ability to move their entire population into mountainous bunkers? That's pretty much the only nation in Europe Hitler didn't invade. Of course Switzerland was pretty much in bed with the Nazi's anyways so the need to invade wasn't really there.

Didn't Hitler choose not to invade because the Swiss had the ability to move their entire population into mountainous bunkers? That's pretty much the only nation in Europe Hitler didn't invade. Of course Switzerland was pretty much in bed with the Nazi's anyways so the need to invade wasn't really there.

That's basically it really. It's not really worth the trouble of taking Switzerland. It's not undoable. It's not impossible. It's just a waste of time and energy when you got bigger problems to deal with.
Lots of people around the world have some fantastic bunkers.
North Koreans even have an underground football stadium. They've got some incredible tunnel networks that extend down to South Korea. Does that make them number one on the list? I don't think so.

Alot of it had to do with the stashing of Hitlers loot, ie: gold, currency and art work. Everyone just loves the Swiss banking system.

Yep. In East Asia the conventional forces ranking should be something closer to:
1) Japan
2) China
3) South Korea
4) North Korea

North Korea always impresses with quantity but few people ever consider that over half their hardware doesn't even work and the crew for the hardware are usually under trained. If a war kicks off, some of those tank crews will be driving on that thing either for the first time or the first time in about six or seven years.
Japan's technological superiority is simply unbeatable in the region. It's Navy is absolutely second to none.
China's been on the up and up. Quality has improved and quantity has never been an issue.

I'd be apprehensive about putting Switzerland first. Yeah they got all the fancy stuff lined up and they got terrain on their side but their military is completely incapable of projecting any force outside its borders. Plus whether their bunkers will even turn the tide against a truly determined foe is to be determined.
Seriously, would you consider it harder to beat Switzerland in war than Germany? I would seriously doubt that.

Asian-Americans call a guy who's "yellow on the outside, white on the inside" a twinkie. Koreans less so than Chinese or Vietnamese Americans. Maybe they avoid using it when you're around. Your wife may not eat rice like that but I swear I've seen a LOT of guys do that. Also it's a bit painful sometimes when I hear some Korean-Americans speak in Korean. Some are actually VERY good but some are so painfully bad that I just tell them to stop so we can speak in English because it's so bad that it drains my energy trying to make sense of what they're saying.

Okay - her and I had a good chuckle on the rice and soy sauce comment, it seems that alot of Americans do like rice with soy sauce including our kids.:shock:

You guys, the USA is the land of opportunity, where nowa days people are living to it's creed (for the most part) that all men are created equal. That what this is country is all about, if you pledge yourself loyal , and fit for American society, then you can become a resident legally. Does not matter what nation you come from, who you are if you have a clean slate. Or what you family name is, or by the greatness of your God, even if you do not have one.

That can hurt us some times, but I still approve of it, I don't care if my neighbors are black white, Hispanic , Asian, red, purple or blue. If there are here after taking that oath. Just to live a normal life in the freedoms of a stable country, as long as they pay their taxes they don't bother me. If tomorrow 90% of the country was Hispanic, like I said before , would not bother me.

As for the military stance on the website posted. I am beginning to think that the site is not that accurate, something about it seems just to good to be true.

Last edited:
Japan's air and sea power just owns in the region. China's navy is simply no contest and any engagement between the two will occur primarily on sea and in the air.

Japan over China? I'd still say the sheer quantity, and not-too-shabby quality gives them the edge.

Japan's air and sea power just owns in the region. China's navy is simply no contest and any engagement between the two will occur primarily on sea and in the air.

For the moment. However China seems to be willing to challenge that opinion. Give them a decade or two.

Japan will be a big head ache for China when they do decide to take their military from a defensive posture to a more capable offensive status, they have the money and experience for naval and air operations, more than what could be said for China.

Japan's Army might not be a match for the PLA, but right now the PLA can't even cross a body of water greater than 23 feet in width.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back