Military poem - Page 2

--

January 14th, 2005  
bonnieblue716

yep, good stuff man. I always seem to write my best stuff when I'm bored, which usually tends to be in class. lol Anyway, that was very cool and yeah sometimes rhyme schemes can be a real b**tch, take a little bit of time away from it, come back to it, and you'll probably change have the stuff. Do that a few times and you'll have something you're completely stasified with. That was truely great stuff though, and do you mind if I add it to my webpage, with your name and a copyrigth symbol?
January 15th, 2005  
ladyhawk

That's a GREAT Poem!!

You Have the Talent....Keep it up

Quote:
I might enter the poem into my school's poetry slam later this year.
Do that!!

okay I decided to share one with you I wrote

SOLIDER

One by one they fall,
Blood seeping into the soil.
Terror they have seen,
Pain and suffering there will be!

Lives lost to this old battle,
Freedom will be fought.
Proud they are,
Brave they have been.

Father, Son, Brother, Uncle, Husband
Mother,Daughter,Sister, Aunt, Wife
Thatís who they have been.
Proud we are, freedom we have!
Soldiers they have been.

Memories we will have,
The price they gladly paid.
God Bless Them,
Freedom we have!

LadyHawk
January 21st, 2005  
Damien

Thanks everyone! I've written another called "Lost"

It's about a Marine commander that gets captured and stuff... I'll post it when I find it...

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonnieblue716
That was truely great stuff though, and do you mind if I add it to my webpage, with your name and a copyrigth symbol?

That'd be awesome... my teacher's trying to get me published... so anything I could do to spread my work, y'know? Email or PM me a link to your site, too... I'd like to see it.
--
April 16th, 2005  
Cadet 2nd Lt. Stinson

Damien-
I loved your peom, I truley think its one of the better ones I have heard about war. Do you mind if I print it out with your name on it to post on the bulliten board in my JROTC room?
Tvoi-Vrag

I like 8)
April 19th, 2005  
Damien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cadet S.Sgt Stinson
Damien-
I loved your peom, I truley think its one of the better ones I have heard about war. Do you mind if I print it out with your name on it to post on the bulliten board in my JROTC room?

Definitely.

Just try to get a shot of it so I can see it in all its glory on the wall.

And about poetry.com? from what I hear, it's a scam. They offered to publish one of my poems (this one is too long to post) and gave it the "editors' choice award." Just try not to put too much money into it, if any. And if it turns out not to be a scam, let me know.
April 19th, 2005  
C/2nd Lt Robot

I found out it was a scam. Every poem I've put on there has won an award. Plus they have this "banquet" that's like 500 or so. But it still doesn't hurt to put them on there. At least others can see them.
April 20th, 2005  
Damien

exactly.

But my poem was still too big to post on there, for some reason.