Military Peoples Good Habbits & Advice

can't? You mean? After all these years the possibility exist that youz-guys may have been the good guys?

naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah ;)

Nowt wrong with a little attitude adjuster to keep the "peace lovers" behaving themselves. ;)

220px-Batong2.jpeg

can't? You mean? After all these years the possibility exist that youz-guys may have been the good guys?

naaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah ;)

I've yet to meet a para that can say his own name, let alone behave themselves....

Obviously you're clearly an exception. ;)

I've yet to meet a para that can say his own name, let alone behave themselves....

Obviously you're clearly an exception. ;)
name? we had names? birdschit or azzholes was mentioned a few times............. by the *less-than-brave* types....... just sayinn;)

Last edited:
seeing's how a few of you *less then humidoid* types visit this forum.... and your misguided opinions of us para types I thought you might enjoy this.

http://www.military.com/video/speci...n-parachute-landing-goes-wrong/1858777535001/

never experienced THAT...... had a few *feet, knees, FACE* landings but not this.......... note even his *buddy* wasn't much help --- to funny.

That's why I preferred water whenever possible! ;)

That video proves there's just fresh air between the ears of a para! :p

name? we had names? birdschit or azzholes was mentioned a few times............. by the *less-than-brave* types....... just sayinn;)

Some clearly didn't even know their names! :shock: :lol:

Those who mentioned birdsh*t, those "less than brave" types may have been parachute trained also... ;)

That's why I preferred water whenever possible! ;)

That video proves there's just fresh air between the ears of a para! :p

but, but....... John Wayne jumped into the jungle...... walked around for a few days, found a beautiful woman, spent three years walking to safety, killed many of the enemy with only one magazine of ammunition for his 1911... walked out of said jungle with beautiful woman onto pristine beach whilst the sun set... he still had a good crease in his trousers and she looked likes she just stepped out of the shower......... you mean he *lied!!!!!?*

well that explains why I never did find that pretty woman in the jungle... found some guys who wanted to throw rocks at me but the woman? huh, always figured someone else found her......... imaging that.

I've never seen the sense of jumping out of a perfectly good aeroplane. its a longgggggggggggg way down sunbeam.

Bloody daft if you ask me.

I am interested in habbits, practices and advice as to how Military people conduct life in general. e.g. how you deal with obsticles, wisdom of leadership & command, standards of fitness and training. That civilians wishing to be the best they can be mentally and physically and competitive with societies elite can (try to) apply to their own lives. Any advice appreciated.
Current exercises include 3-4 5-10km runs per week, 2 x 100 lengths of pool per week, 1-2 hours general gym/weights work 3 x per week and background many years ago in contact (fighting) sports. Now a manager with staff to lead and inspire, often against what appears to be insurmountable odds, requiring them and myself to work beyond comfort zones and achieve things we perhaps believe are beyond us - if we succumb to defeatist attitudes.
I know us Civy's warrant little respect in certain circles..so many thanks to anyone who takes the time to answer!
We approaches the impossible with steely grit and intense inner belief. These attributes are, in my opinion, applicable to anybody looking to better their life. Be it through self-improvement in your job, your physical fitness or your finances and lifestyle.

Thanks for the reply - maybe just my arm chair opinion, but mankind seems to be at his best when he is at his worse. Human performance seems to be the greatest when it is under military discipline. So simple things - what time should you get out of bed, what should you eat for breakfast. What things could a civilian do in day to day life and thinking, so that they would be competitive with say the upper 50% of there peers and useful in a military context if say they were to be drafted one day?
Whatever your goals, a positive mental attitude will get you a long way to achieving them. My state of mind is my driving force. It reminds me that the mind powers the muscles. Many people simply don´t have the determination to achieve their goals but for a Royal Marine, these are drilled into their minds so deeply that it´s no longer a conscious decision. It is part of who we are and you can only imagine the level of clarity and focus that having these attributes drilled into your subconscious will bring. The mental stamina of a Royal Marine, coupled with a high level of physical fitness, is what separates us from the mere mortals.

Thanks folks I guess. Here is a more specific question - you are about to lead a team into a situation where you believe the odds are well stacked against you and the chances are you and your team will be defeated decisively. Is it better to be honest with your team and tell them it is a suicide mission, or do you lie and tell them you believe that if they fight their hardest and stick together as a team they cannot loose. Which is better leadership? - assuming there is no third option.
The primary task of leadership is to face reality. Reality is actuality. Reality is what is true. Reality is what is present and being experienced. Either we lead or we mislead. Either we exercise leadership or we do not. Either, we lead ourselves and others to the truth or we do not. There is no wiggle room here. Either we do or we do not. It is as simple as that. The foundation of leadership is Trust! The team trusts the leader and the leader trusts the team.

I´m in no way saying I have all of the answers and I have this leadership thing figured out; however I am totally convinced that the core of leadership is based on trust. I´ve always tried to lead with integrity, care and concern; embracing the fact that if people don´t trust you, they won´t follow you. On the other hand, I truly believe in and trust my people. I trust them so much that they have no choice but to believe in and trust themselves. If I believe my team can fly, even if they can´t, they will get darn close.

Back