military pay problems

Duty Honor Country

I am wondering who out there has had some serious pay issues with the military. I am not sure how things are in other countries, but the US military has a rep as being a pain in the :cen:

I recently came back to active duty from the Army reserves on 5 OCT. Today (1 JAN), I FINALLY got paid. My pay check totalled $8600 before taxes. The Army still owes me at least another $2000 plus what ever my bonus is. I did not enjoy fighting with the finance people about this issue. I believe I was told 4 times that I would get paid on the next pay period. If I had not got paid by the 15th, I would have gone broke by 1 FEB. That put more than a little stress on me and the wife.vvAt my unit I would say "soldiers are suppose to pay the bills. It would be nice to get paid so I can go pay those bills."

Does anyone else have a nasty military pay experience to share?

That's pretty bad. My PFR got "misplaced" on a unit deployment once. Took me 2 months to get a partial pay. Ain't disbursing grand?

This summer one of our guys didn't get paid untill then end of his course; which sucks because we were expected to get our own hair cut; and to provide our own shower and shave kit.

My buddies in the Russian army are happy when they get paid regardless of how overdue it is. It's completely horrible with the military paying people over there. I feel sad for them and yet so grateful to my parents
for relocating to the USA and me being able to serve in this country.

what are u ppl wineing about,army presonel here didnt see any money since the october of 2000 ;)

Back