Military Flash lights

Not only with the Surefire. The Maglite is from 1979. All modern Flashlights that use a newer lampmodule like Xenon make better light than the Maglite!!! For example a Peli (Pelican for US) with 3 D cells is faaaaaaaaaaaaaaar brighter than a Maglite. Same with 2AA or 2AAA lights!!!!
Like I said before, the only good thing with a Maglite is that you can use it as a bat!!!

Greetz Joker

Last edited:
ok, But wad if I change the standard lamp of the Maglite to a Halogen Lamp? Will it give a similar brightness to modern lamps? BTW, When is the Surefire first produce?

zander_0633 said:
Thanks! So you all are suggesting that I can buy a Surefire light. I am not sure what model I should buy. Can any one advise me? I want to use the flash light for Camping purpose. I will also be using it in some water condition and also over rough terrain. I would like the flash light battries to last for quite a long time too. Thanks!
You let us all talk about high end flashlights like Surefire for 200 $ and stuff and than you tell us u only have 30 $! Are you kidding??? The cheapest Surefire would at least cost 40$ in the USA. I think it´s more in Singapore! A nother question, have you eventually looked what the cheapest Surefire will cost in Singapore or if they are available there?
My suggestion is buy a Maglite ore another cheap light that is available in Singapore with some batteries and with the change you can buy some chewinggum for you and your friends for the next campingtour so you have sweets and light for 30 bucks!!

The deranged Joker

zander_0633 said:
Thanks! So you all are suggesting that I can buy a Surefire light. I am not sure what model I should buy. Can any one advise me? I want to use the flash light for Camping purpose. I will also be using it in some water condition and also over rough terrain. I would like the flash light battries to last for quite a long time too. Thanks!

All surefire flashlights are rated up to 33 feet of water.

Get the G2 Nitrolon. It's their best selling model. Lightwieght, comes in different colors, and all other surefire parts can be used with it.

Joker said:
Why you never liked them??? The lights are made of polycabonate and have a lifetime guaranty same with the lights made of CNC-machined aluminum body like the M6. What do you think are their disadvantages exept for the little number of accessories for the tactical M6???

The cases are used here in Germany also by law enforcement, military, divers and hobby shooters.

And i was mistaken when i said Pelican is a Spanish company. My first guess, that Peli or Pelican is an US company was right.
Pelican was founded in 1976 by Dave Parker in Torrance,California.

I have no real reason. I've just always been a surefire guy. It's like a Ford Truck vs Chevy Truck. Well, let me take that back. Surefire is built tougher than the Pelicans just as a Ford F-150 is built tougher than a Chevy 1500.

Surefire also makes fine weapon mounts and rail systems. Great suppressors and silencers. And also some really good knives.

zander_0633 said:
I sure want to buy a surefire. But not sure the price. BTW, Chewing Gum is banned in my country!

As for price, I'll see what the shipping rate is and I can mail you one. Maybe a trade or you just mail me a money. I don't know...

PS - I've always found that law just weird. But in Pensacola, FL. It is illegal to kill yourself in public. If you cmmit sucide and do it right (aka your dead), you get fined $100.00.

WAd a weird law? no Suicide in Public?

BTW, is it cheaper to buy the torch in USA? But if you help me buy, how can I send you the money? WAd about bank transfer?

5.56X45mm said:
Surefire also makes fine weapon mounts and rail systems. Great suppressors and silencers. And also some really good knives.
I know that they make a lot of accessories, but i don´t know that they also make supressors, silencers and knives. Very interessting!!! And like I said, accessories are a big advantage that Surefire has.

5.56X45mm said:
Surefire is built tougher than the Pelicans just as a Ford F-150 is built tougher than a Chevy 1500.
I never had the chance to compare these two brands by myself, neither the flashlights nor the cars:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: . The only reason for me to buy the Peli was the test report in a German weapons-journal where they tested the Peli M6 and they said that it has the same in quality like the Surefire but a loooooooooooot cheaper (maybe at least in Germany ), cheaper replacement lamp modules (until now there is no longer such a big difference, but 3 years ago it was a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiig one, again maybe at least in Germany) and Cordura holster and 2 batteries for free . But befor that report I thought about a E2 too.

zander_0633 said:
I sure want to buy a surefire. But not sure the price. BTW, Chewing Gum is banned in my country!
When I find something that I want to have, the first thing that I do is a research about it´s price and who has the cheapest offer!!!
Bad, wicked, diabolic:firedevi: , and sneaky chewing gum!!! It should be banned allover the world bevor it destroy humanity!!!!!!

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Greetz Joker

hehe! well, Nice one!

I still can't find any Surefire shops in Singapore. I only know one that sells Surefire torches in limited quantities and the shop is controlling the price at a very high amount. I think that is the only shop in my country that sells torch from Surefire! haha! So can I inquire about the shpping fees from Germany to Singapore and From USA to Singapore? I guess if I buy from Overseas, it will still be cheaper than I buy it in Singapore!

What about ebay. Try there, also many online stores have them too. Those that I listed are a just a few of the many online places that sell Surefire products.

[SIZE=-1]www.cheaperthandirt.com
[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]www.sportsmansguide.com
[/SIZE][SIZE=-1]www.cabelas.com[/SIZE]

I have a pelican m6 I purchased it for my first tour in Iraq. 30months latter I just replaced the bulb. Its a good strong light not saying its better or worse then a surefire but it is 45$ at Ranger Joes. There warrenty is straight foward as well. You break it they fix it for free. The only disadvantage to this or any other lithium light is the batteries they can get pricy. Uncle Sam pays for mine so it’s not been an issue just some thing to think about. These guys got it for 38 with a case http://www.defensedevices.com/pem6li.html

zander_0633 said:
Thanks for the Webbies! Any idea if the Surefire can light a path in the DArk Jungle at night?

Ohhh my :cen: lo.......!!!!!!!!

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

I can´t belive this question!!!
I have to go and take my tranquillisers right now!

Greetz the stoned Joker

P.S. I need some additional drinks :drink:, only the drugs won´t last!

Back