Military entry test...

TheSunsetSniper

Could somebody tell me what the test deciding which MOS you should go into is called? Something like ASFAB or... something. Hehe... call me stupid but i can't figure it out.

I don't know what it is for you, but for me it was called "Sign on the dotted line under 'For the Good of the Service.'" :lol:

It is ASVAB (Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery)

It categorizes your points into categories such as Administrative, Mechanical, General, and Electronics...

Here is the site for enlisted careers in the USAF

http://airforce.com/index_fr.htm

it shows you the choices for MOS under the four categories...

these jobs inparticular yes, but i am sure if you do a quick search you can find the jobs avalible for all branches... as a matter of fact i beleive that www.military.com has a page featuring this... i will look into it...

Talk to a recruiter, they'll let you know where the testing facility is. Usually MEPS but if you're still in High School there's a really good chance they offer the test every week/month.

Talk to a recruiter, they'll let you know where the testing facility is. Usually MEPS but if you're still in High School there's a really good chance they offer the test every week/month.

Yeah.
Some students at my old school took the ASVAB on campus, so I'm assuming they do this for a lot of High Schools.

Yeah.
Some students at my old school took the ASVAB on campus, so I'm assuming they do this for a lot of High Schools.

It kind of depends on the school. Some schools toss the ASVAB in with the SATs and ACTs, some dont. Strangly enough, the ones that dont are more often the ones that dont allow the military to visit.

the higher the score, the more jobs availabe to you. i scored an 80 and my recruiter called me an idiot because i wanted infantry:)

General questions on everything from math to simple machines, automotive questions, etc. There's an "improvisation" aptitude test that's administered, but only the written exam was given to me.*

*(Not a member of the US Armed Services- I wasn't required to take it)

Algebra, geometry, basic grammar, simple physics, some automotive questions (Which do not count towards your overall score only certain line scores), and some civics questions. Not too in depth and overall it's really easy, I scored a 95 a month after school was out after junior year (so the thinking part of my brain had been shut off for a while) and if I get to take it again I'm sure I will do the same. I do know though that the grading system was changed so perhaps I won't score as high, all I need is a 93 and I can do whatever I want in the Navy.

Algebra, geometry, basic grammar, simple physics, some automotive questions (Which do not count towards your overall score only certain line scores), and some civics questions. Not too in depth and overall it's really easy, I scored a 95 a month after school was out after junior year (so the thinking part of my brain had been shut off for a while) and if I get to take it again I'm sure I will do the same. I do know though that the grading system was changed so perhaps I won't score as high, all I need is a 93 and I can do whatever I want in the Navy.
i christmas tree'd the math part and still got a 80 :)

Back