Military entry test... - Page 2

--

April 2nd, 2008  
Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien435
Talk to a recruiter, they'll let you know where the testing facility is. Usually MEPS but if you're still in High School there's a really good chance they offer the test every week/month.
Yeah.
Some students at my old school took the ASVAB on campus, so I'm assuming they do this for a lot of High Schools.
April 3rd, 2008  
Spartacus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf
Yeah.
Some students at my old school took the ASVAB on campus, so I'm assuming they do this for a lot of High Schools.
It kind of depends on the school. Some schools toss the ASVAB in with the SATs and ACTs, some dont. Strangly enough, the ones that dont are more often the ones that dont allow the military to visit.
April 15th, 2008  
FULLMETALJACKET

the higher the score, the more jobs availabe to you. i scored an 80 and my recruiter called me an idiot because i wanted infantry
--
April 15th, 2008  
deerslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridgewood10
hey any places where you can take ASVAB
Either a recruiter or through school- Ours was administered parish-wide in the second semester of my junior year.
April 15th, 2008  
mmarsh

What kind of questions do they ask?
April 16th, 2008  
deerslayer

General questions on everything from math to simple machines, automotive questions, etc. There's an "improvisation" aptitude test that's administered, but only the written exam was given to me.*

*(Not a member of the US Armed Services- I wasn't required to take it)
April 16th, 2008  
Damien435

Algebra, geometry, basic grammar, simple physics, some automotive questions (Which do not count towards your overall score only certain line scores), and some civics questions. Not too in depth and overall it's really easy, I scored a 95 a month after school was out after junior year (so the thinking part of my brain had been shut off for a while) and if I get to take it again I'm sure I will do the same. I do know though that the grading system was changed so perhaps I won't score as high, all I need is a 93 and I can do whatever I want in the Navy.
April 17th, 2008  
FULLMETALJACKET

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien435
Algebra, geometry, basic grammar, simple physics, some automotive questions (Which do not count towards your overall score only certain line scores), and some civics questions. Not too in depth and overall it's really easy, I scored a 95 a month after school was out after junior year (so the thinking part of my brain had been shut off for a while) and if I get to take it again I'm sure I will do the same. I do know though that the grading system was changed so perhaps I won't score as high, all I need is a 93 and I can do whatever I want in the Navy.
i christmas tree'd the math part and still got a 80