Military Discounts

Duty Honor Country

This sticky is devoted to informing current and aspiring military personnel the benefits given to a soldier by businesses.

RULES

1. Please only post discounts that you someone or you know has experienced. I hate it when I am told I can get something only to find out I was lied to.

2. Tell what business offers the discount and how to get it.

3. Please refrain from posting links to online stores. This is a add driven website, and posting links would be unfair to the paying sponsors of this site.

4. Since this is an international forum, please inform everyone what country your discount originates in.
--------------------------------------------------------

Here are a few discounts to start things off for discounts here in the United States.

Movie Theaters; most movie theaters offer a military discount. Just show your military ID card and you'll save a buck or 2. Unfortunately, around military posts, you may not see it. The theater near Campbell only offers a 25 cent discount :evil:

Oakley Sunglasses; Yes soldiers recieve 50% off Oakley sunglasses. Contact Oakley through their toll free number and tell them you are a government employee. You will be e-mailed everything you need to complete your order. I am placing an order next week, so I will modify this if I find anything new.

Long Horn Steak House; Show your military ID card here and receive 10% off your meal.

AutoZone and Advanced Autoparts; Show your military ID card here and receive 10% off your purchase.

Caesars Pocono Resorts; Back in August, I received 50% off the room rate per a night. My $400 honeymoon suite became $200 a night. You must show your ID card upon checking in. The discount is not permanent so check before getting your hopes up.

Armed Forces Day; I know some restaurants offer free meals on this day. Once again you will not see this around military installations.

Hotels; Most hotels have some type of militarty rate. I have found that the AAA rate normally beats the military rate. Ask for both rates to see which one saves you the most.

Car Dealers; Soldiers do not have to pay sales tax at some dealers. Also, I know GM was offering an additional $500 off for soldiers a while back.

Just Ask; It never hurts to ask any business if they have a military discount. You'll save money and post the discount here ;)

Free Tix for Military From Anheuser-Busch Theme Parks

FREE ADMISSION SUMMARY
Any active duty, activated or drilling reservist, or National Guardsman is entitled to free admission under the Here's to the Heroes program. He or she need only register, either by clicking here
fpo_1.jpg
and submitting his or her information or in the entrance plaza of participating parks, and show a Department of Defense photo ID. As many as three direct dependents of military personnel also are entitled to free admission. Dependents may take advantage of the offer without their service member, though an adult must accompany minor dependents. Busch Gardens Williamsburg and SeaWorld San Antonio are seasonal operations that will remain closed until spring 2006. Military personnel interested in visiting those parks should check operating schedules. Click here for Busch Gardens Williamsburg. Click here for SeaWorld San Antonio. Click here for Sesame Place. The remaining parks, SeaWorld Orlando, Busch Gardens Tampa Bay and SeaWorld San Diego are open year round.
Valid for one complimentary single-day admission per person, per year, to one of the following Anheuser-Busch Adventure Parks: SeaWorld Orlando, San Diego, or San Antonio, Busch Gardens Tampa Bay or Williamsburg, Sesame Place, Water Country USA, Adventure Island.

Last edited:
Baseball Hall of Fame

Baseball Hall of Fame, Cooperstown, NY: Free admission to all Military, active duty and retired. Just present ID card.

Re: Baseball Hall of Fame

Gingersnap said:
Baseball Hall of Fame, Cooperstown, NY: Free admission to all Military, active duty and retired. Just present ID card.

I have driven by there more than a few times. I guess I should take a pit stop and check it out since it is free!!!!

I know that American Airlines is giving a good discount on airfare. Also if returning from the big sandbox over the seas on emergency leave or r and r, they are allowing use of the Admirals area. There is an article about it on www.usmc.com in the press release section. It even applies to overseas airfare

GEICO: car insurance in the US -- 10% discount if you tell them you're military.

Ask Home Depot or Lowe's if they offer a military discount -- I got 10% off at Home Depot during the week of Memorial Day (good only for that week), and I know Lowe's is military-friendly, so they might have a year-round discount. Not sure.

v/r,

Andy

Re: Baseball Hall of Fame

Doody said:
Gingersnap said:

I have driven by there more than a few times. I guess I should take a pit stop and check it out since it is free!!!!

Doody

You driven by Cooperstown and never stopped for a visit? Shame on you! :)
Seriously even if you pay full price, its worthy stop for any baseball fan.

Sears Portrait studios give a 20% discount, pendin upon the person workin, you may or may not have to show a form of ID. it is good for disabled Vets too.

When I visited Ft Drum NY the PX was selling a book with all the places in the US that had military discounts. From Hotels to car rentals the prices were based on your rank. Can you tell me if they still have this book for sale in the US?
I have been told the Bunny Ranch was giving a great discount for service personal returning form Iraq and Afghanistan. For both Canadian and US troops. Talking to a few of my Friends from the PPCLI they had the offer but NO JOY

they also donate 10% of your purchase to the US military :D

and spencers kicks ass...i got this lil wristband thingy that says "F*** u" there 8)

It's not really a discount, but a reminder of a benefit to all new US active-duty service members -- reduction of all interest rates on pre-service debt to 6%. Great for credit cards, higher-interest school/home/car loans, etc.

Sample letter follows:

Sample 6% Request Letter

Date __________
(Your name & address)
(Company's name & address)

Dear __________,

This is a letter requesting a reduction of the interest rate on my (account name & number), under the Soldiers' and Sailors' Civil Relief Act (50 U.S.C. App. 526). As an active duty member of the uniformed services, I am entitled to maximum interest rate protection of 6% per annum on pre-service debt obligation. This interest rate protection applies during peacetime as well as time of war. There is no requirement of overseas service and the difference between the old rate and the 6% maximum is forgiven. Attached you will find a copy of my enlistment contract and/or orders to active duty.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Sincerely, RANK FNAME LNAME

I have been on 2 deployments. It was my understandind that the 6% interest rate only was availible for deployed soldiers. THat's the way ti was when I went to Iraq in 02-03.

Has the laws changed since then?

Doody said:
I have been on 2 deployments. It was my understandind that the 6% interest rate only was availible for deployed soldiers. THat's the way ti was when I went to Iraq in 02-03.

Has the laws changed since then?
Good question. As far as I know, it applies to anyone on active duty -- again, it appears the key is that it only applies to pre-service debt.

Chic-Fil-A in US gives a 50% discount to all military personell...My dad got it and scammed em out of 2 sandwiches,2 fries and 2 drinks for like 4 bucks....for those who dont know, thats about how much a sandwich and a drink normally costs...Ur supposed to only need a military ID.

Back