The Military Defeat of Imperial USA -- an essay - Page 3

--

August 16th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Back to the topic.
August 16th, 2004  
GuyontheRight

Heres a thought, could China ever force the US military into a stituation were it couldn't win?
August 16th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Well, if the US was forced into the mainland, than the Chinese can give you hell.
--
August 16th, 2004  
yurry

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyontheRight
Heres a thought, could China ever force the US military into a stituation were it couldn't win?
I think that was already proven in Korea!!!
August 16th, 2004  
SHERMAN

Not really, yurry, Korea ended with S. Korea free, and thats what the US wanted fromn the start. Other than that, Korea was more than 50 years ago....
August 16th, 2004  
Eric

The people who HATE America are the same who hate Democracy in General, who hate the French or the Germans too....the only thing is America is a more symbolic target
As far as countries uniting to take the US down, I can name a few but they are not the one one may think of.
The French and the Germans, for example, have had their share of historical disagreements with the US of A but are still strong allies in the "democratic-christian--caucasianish" camp.
Just take a look at Afghanistan if you doubt it!
The fact that they did not agree with the Iraqi mess is another story that has nothing to do with who they would eventually side with if America were to be attacked.
China, North Korea and Russia....what is new there? The European cold war format is over.....not the whole ideology behind it!
Non democratic Arab and African countries...nothing new there either! They want our money, they get it, they blame us for everything and they hate us!
As far as America rotting from inside, it is just a matter of perspective: for some, what I have seen described as rotten or decadence in some previous posts, is considered as progress....go figure
I do believe that built in, in any democracic system, is the rot that will take it down because men are lazy bums: they want it all without paying a price for it...
It looks like the more freedom we get, the more "reptilian" we get: the "reptilian" brain takes over and we feel entitled to unbridled basic urges...whatever...
Middle class America is still forming the (for now silent) majority with common sense and shared values...the same goes in all democracies of the world, all the dictatorship of the minorities. Eventually, it is going to be up to the fed up hard working middle class (rep & dem alike) to reclaim the streets, the forums, media and ballot boxes from hyper-active and agenda focused minority groups of all kind.
If that does not work....who knows what could come?
http://carlisle-www.army.mil/usawc/P...992/dunlap.htm
But certainly not an invasion of continental USA...
August 17th, 2004  
Mark Conley

It looks like the more freedom we get, the more "reptilian" we get: the "reptilian" brain takes over and we feel entitled to unbridled basic urges...whatever...

darn...and i was getting used to sunning myself on a rock an all...but still a good point eric.

When you get satisfied...you get complacent. thats how them hungry people at work get your jobs..you give it to them.

i really dont believe the US is as corrupt inside yet...but we are getting complacent.
August 17th, 2004  
GuyontheRight

i really dont believe the US is as corrupt inside yet...but we are getting complacent.

It is my opinion that every self interest politician (of a certain major US political party that shall remain unamed ) is curropt.
August 17th, 2004  
Doc.S

I myself say that the whole fundament of all nations in present time is corrupt all the way in to the backbone and US are not an exception. But there is still hope for the humanity and that is the people in the military and the few intellectuals that not yeat have been corrupt and togehter they can be a powerful force to make a radical shiftchange that will make this world prosper again and take us forward.

In the 60s there was still dreams going on. We was not as today snowed in on our own "domestic" problems. People went to the moon and there was a dream even to conquer space itselfe. Last thing that will leave the human beings on this planet is hope. Sometimes I wonder if the Cold War was only a bad thing? Im not to sure anymore. Then people had something to compete for. Today people just donīt care anymore, or I should say. People do not want to care because they are just thinking in low frequencys.

And togheter with that the widely spread don`t know and do not want to know forces are togheter with inadequate will to pic up the fight against bad education interests of political and historic events that effects us all are the greatest of all threats and probably the gratest enemy in present time I believe. People are starting to loose hope of building a better and greater world. And that ladys and gentlemens are a great threat so help me god. Amen.

Cheers:
Doc.S

August 17th, 2004  
Mark Conley

thanks for the optimism Doc...i think we need a good shot of it right about now...

you cant corrupt a politican...because that is the requirements of the job lately. how can you corrupt bad judgment, low morals, a no work ethic, and too much self interest more than it is now?

my post on the other hand..isnt about politicans...its about the everyday man...now he can be corrupted..give that person a run or inside track on everything we hold to be bad in our society...take away his limits...stop making them earn their way through life...yeah you got the ingrediants for a corruption to take hold and run in this country.