The Military Defeat of Imperial USA -- an essay

Not really, yurry, Korea ended with S. Korea free, and thats what the US wanted fromn the start. Other than that, Korea was more than 50 years ago....

The people who HATE America are the same who hate Democracy in General, who hate the French or the Germans too....the only thing is America is a more symbolic target
As far as countries uniting to take the US down, I can name a few but they are not the one one may think of.
The French and the Germans, for example, have had their share of historical disagreements with the US of A but are still strong allies in the "democratic-christian--caucasianish" camp.
Just take a look at Afghanistan if you doubt it!
The fact that they did not agree with the Iraqi mess is another story that has nothing to do with who they would eventually side with if America were to be attacked.
China, North Korea and Russia....what is new there? The European cold war format is over.....not the whole ideology behind it!
Non democratic Arab and African countries...nothing new there either! They want our money, they get it, they blame us for everything and they hate us!
As far as America rotting from inside, it is just a matter of perspective: for some, what I have seen described as rotten or decadence in some previous posts, is considered as progress....go figure :lol:
I do believe that built in, in any democracic system, is the rot that will take it down because men are lazy bums: they want it all without paying a price for it...
It looks like the more freedom we get, the more "reptilian" we get: the "reptilian" brain takes over and we feel entitled to unbridled basic urges...whatever...
Middle class America is still forming the (for now silent) majority with common sense and shared values...the same goes in all democracies of the world, all the dictatorship of the minorities. Eventually, it is going to be up to the fed up hard working middle class (rep & dem alike) to reclaim the streets, the forums, media and ballot boxes from hyper-active and agenda focused minority groups of all kind.
If that does not work....who knows what could come?
http://carlisle-www.army.mil/usawc/Parameters/1992/dunlap.htm
But certainly not an invasion of continental USA...

It looks like the more freedom we get, the more "reptilian" we get: the "reptilian" brain takes over and we feel entitled to unbridled basic urges...whatever...

darn...and i was getting used to sunning myself on a rock an all...but still a good point eric.

When you get satisfied...you get complacent. thats how them hungry people at work get your jobs..you give it to them.

i really dont believe the US is as corrupt inside yet...but we are getting complacent. :D

i really dont believe the US is as corrupt inside yet...but we are getting complacent.

It is my opinion that every self interest politician (of a certain major US political party that shall remain unamed ;) ) is curropt.

I myself say that the whole fundament of all nations in present time is corrupt all the way in to the backbone and US are not an exception. But there is still hope for the humanity and that is the people in the military and the few intellectuals that not yeat have been corrupt and togehter they can be a powerful force to make a radical shiftchange that will make this world prosper again and take us forward.

In the 60s there was still dreams going on. We was not as today snowed in on our own "domestic" problems. People went to the moon and there was a dream even to conquer space itselfe. Last thing that will leave the human beings on this planet is hope. Sometimes I wonder if the Cold War was only a bad thing? Im not to sure anymore. Then people had something to compete for. Today people just don´t care anymore, or I should say. People do not want to care because they are just thinking in low frequencys.

And togheter with that the widely spread don`t know and do not want to know forces are togheter with inadequate will to pic up the fight against bad education interests of political and historic events that effects us all are the greatest of all threats and probably the gratest enemy in present time I believe. People are starting to loose hope of building a better and greater world. And that ladys and gentlemens are a great threat so help me god. Amen. :D

Cheers:
Doc.S

:viking:

thanks for the optimism Doc...i think we need a good shot of it right about now...

you cant corrupt a politican...because that is the requirements of the job lately. how can you corrupt bad judgment, low morals, a no work ethic, and too much self interest more than it is now?

my post on the other hand..isnt about politicans...its about the everyday man...now he can be corrupted..give that person a run or inside track on everything we hold to be bad in our society...take away his limits...stop making them earn their way through life...yeah you got the ingrediants for a corruption to take hold and run in this country.

What a sad topic. Really, I mean It's hard for me to find any progressive thinking here. Seems like everyone is agreeing humanity is screwed now, and will die.

nice.

well choco..down or not..welcome to the forum. why not post some more cheery topics..we could probly use some... :D

I have never been as involved in trying to get the big picture of things happening around the world as I am today. The trigger was the horrible events of 9-11 and I think that was as much of an wake up clock more than anything else in my past. I have always been interested in history and the society on a broad basis. But never have I taken such large steps as I have done this last years to try to understand all this that is happening around us. I have been interested in helping other people such as my work in intensive care as pure nursing all the way down to the health care sector.

Why? because I care about people and perticular the storys from old veterans have always keept me focusted on the issues taking place in present time. I think we all have alot to learn from the older generation but something else is equivalent important and that is to fight for our own future even harder. Older people got a special kind of humour that I dont find often these days. A sad thing with it all is that our older generation are passing away in great speed.

When our wiser halfs are gone we are left on our own and only we can controll our own destinys and the most important of all. This planets destiny. We are the ones that write the history for our coming generations and to be honest I have never seen such a devistating time as I see now. An old Finnish veteran told me last year that this that happens all over the world is partial his fault and not only the younger generation. Make sence I thought but still he looked at me and when he pointed at the television that showed pictures from Iraq and young american soldiers patrooling the streets of Bagdad he said.

"Doc" these young soldiers believe in their country and they are fighting for a good couse. What ever they tell you in the media and on those news channels you should not listen to what they are telling you about the american soldiers. He/ She that fight this evil are like I was when I sharpened my bayonet in Finland that cold Isthmus Front 23 december 1939. They are sent by their different governments to deal with a problem. The soldiers of war are nothing else then human beings aswell as the enemies they are sent out to destroy or stop.

What makes the differance in this second Gulf War is that US are like the Russians we fighted. They are the agressors and not the Iraqi gouvernment. That is something US government have not told their people and their soldiers. And you will see many soldiers that returns to the states that will tell their friends of that war and tell the population what really happen`d. People generally dislike US because they are the only superpower left in the world.

Whatever you may think about US today "Doc" you should look behind the door before you rush away and call these young soldiers idiots. They fight the terrorism that there own government aswell as French and German governments in fact has supplied with arms and also filled with a videspread disgust for western ways to deal with problems. The big companys in our different nations are responsible for a lot in the end, and they are our real enemies. It is not the simple american citizens fault that Saddam Hussein may have weapons of mass destruction down there hidden in the Syrian desert or in some haven in Iran.

It is those leaders that people keep on voting into power that are to blame aswell. Bush is probably as good as that other guy that tried to be elacted as president in the US. Even if he probably would have made a different aproach towards the Iraqi problem than this administration did. But dont forget, We the small people are always the ones that dies for our believe in our government and leaders. The same thing for the Iraqi people and that is someting a soldier or a civilian always have to keep in mind before they get into any bayonet charges against another fellow human being.

Only way to defeat evil is to take hold of the domestic problems with global companys that are running the countries today, and teach them to behave as we are expected to behave in the presence of them. Let the leaders know that you are the one who gives him/her the power to rule your country and without your support there will be no more ruling. So I sat there listening to this old veteran and I think that what he told me gave me some hope that people will stop and people will think again before the next "domestic" problem shows up, hopefully before we get totaly enslaved by powers of certain interests, hopefully before all good people dissolves into nothingness. I think the Internet have been and still are a good intruments to get people involved to stop, and to think a second time again as we used to do.

We cant let fear controll our destiny without questioning our leaders goals with their campaigns. And we can not have a blind belief in our different leaders anymore, because it is not Stalin or Mao that rules anymore. It is something new and that is what some people call the Military Industrial Complex and there it is again. Now the MIC is not the only one that rules our countries today, far from it. The majority is the civil interests and that is the oil companys, different mining companys and big global financial intrests. I dont think but I hope that people have not lost there witty ability to see the beauty in our forests, fishing trips, hunting, living close to the nature and make things grow.

We are served more then we are building for ourselfes today and that I think have made people ignorant and even corrupted in their hearts and minds, they are not questioning their different leaders and goals just following the program and letting other people do their dirty work. When the people loose their connection to the people behind all this power thats when things begin to go wrong. Fear I think is our different leaders best weapon for the moment to keep us on this track of devastation and they are taking away more and more libertys from their own people and absorb labour to the different companys that earns a lot of gold on our looses.

To simplyfi the whole thing, If the communications are tainted with the commander in cheif there are problems and that can lead to devastation and total chaos in the end. And we the simple ground troopers are the only ones that can make this run away train stop before it is to late. But to do that more people have to join and bring some hope back to the world. Not by kicking in doors and killing of people as fishes in a barrol.

Not by without questioning our first in hand political leaders and not before we have looked into who that benefits on our blood and guts in the end. I think that education and a higher awareness is more powerful then a Trident missile with ten warheads. Not that I am a hippe that see only peacefull soulutions on every mission. But for our own sake because there will be a time when we all will have to face our maker.

And I do want to meat him with a clear conscience because we are all responsible for our own actions in the end and we cant blame our leaders or companies for telling us a lie. It is up to the individual to find out about what we are doing before we are doing it. Well this may seem to be a lot of BS I know but it is just my point of view how to make things better then they are. Knowledge is power, and we should use our knowledge for the best of our fellow human beings.

Cheers:
Doc.S

The bleeding optimist of all humans future

:viking:

Mark Conley said:

darn...and i was getting used to sunning myself on a rock an all...but still a good point eric.

When you get satisfied...you get complacent. thats how them hungry people at work get your jobs..you give it to them.

i really dont believe the US is as corrupt inside yet...but we are getting complacent. :D

yeah..true. I think the main object we can get from the essay is to be alert and be aware of enemies.. and we just cannot be complacent. Or else, the things said in the essay may become reality.

Without USA, I think the world will be in chaos. And without the US, there won't be a guiding truth for other nations to follow. I can't imagine what the world will be like without the US.

Still, there may be something true said in the essay about stretching the troops too thin. So we see now that Bush is getting 70,000 troops stationed in Europe back to the US.

GuyontheRight said:
It's only a matter of time, IMO, that the United States ends up drifting down the course of self destruction, and Im willing to bet things may play out similar to what they did in Spain in 1936.

Meaning we eventually end up with a Fascist government? No more Constitution and the Bill of Rights? I guess the US won't be the "land of the free" anymore, then.

No, not Fascist, but either a strong right wing or a strong left wing party. No, we wont be the land of the free, because self interest groups that influence politics will drag us apart.

SAINT said:
Do you think the essay is true and what it says is happening?

I think the scenario is completely implausible. There is no possibility of a major US military defeat in the foreseeable future, or even beyond. At the same time, if the present course is sustained, the US may well end up like USSR: a military superpower, but a Third World country in all other respects. Economic growth is weak, deficits are growing, infrastructure is decaying, equality of opportunity is waning, the baby boomers are nearing retirement, and on top of it all we have this open-ended war that will never end. There's going to be a crunch here somewhere. As long as tax cuts are seen as a solution to every problem or situation, be it economic boom or bust, budget deficit or surplus, the situation will not improve. At the very least, we are going to experience an economic malaise akin to that of the '70s.

I urge everyone in this thread to buy the game "freedom fighters"

It's fun!

really!

It's about Russia invadeing the US! It'll get your juices flowing!

Back