the Military Channel. New from Discovery

Redleg

The fire is everything
Staff member
I've redesigned the forum a bit, (As you've probably seen) and added some new banners here and there..

The Military Channel
(new from Discovery)
is going to have a 14 days long advertising campaign on the site and forum.

They have a few new shows coming up the next couple of weeks.
The first one is about the world famous US Navy's flight demonstration team, The Blue Angels.

I highly recommend you to visit their site.
You can find a lot of interesting info and videos there (at bottom of the first page).

Just click on one of their banners (they shouldn't be too hard to find) to find the site.. :)

Yeah, it was always good but it's much improved since they've broadened their scope beyond aviation. The Battle of Roberts Ridge thread I started in the Military History forum is from the show on that channel.

If you had Discovery Wings channel you have the Military Channel now. Same channel except a broader format.

Well we aussies are hopeless with technology. Because we have companies like telstra monoplising telecom and cable TV... they like to keep channels minimum for high prices.

the_13th_redneck said:
You almost need a discovery channel just to tell you what discovery channels are out there!

I only have Discovery at home now, but I hope to get a satellite dish this summer..
I'll try to get the Military Channel then, it looks promising.. :)

Man. My mom won't let me get the Military Channel. We visited my aunt's though and she has the whole deal. I was glued to the TV for a solid 4 hours straight until we had to leave.

I watched their bits on the USMC Recruits on their way to becoming Marines, MEU's, The bit on Untold stories of the Green Berets, oh man it was some good stuff.

I have the Military channel for a couple of months now, very good programs and documentaries. I also have thru local cable (comcast) what they call "on demand" programming & there is a military section in there also. Good Times!

I want to see "Fire Power" .... :evil:

There's a few impressive Naval Fire power WW2 film clips on their sites by the way..
Check out the Video Arsenal -> Strategies & Tactics 8)
(no, their not paying me pr click on their ads.. ;) )

some of those shows sounds like old school History Channel. I remember watching weapons of war, military blunders, masters of war and century of warfare.

I could always sit down and watch them. I guess I need to cough up the cash for a better cable package.

Nope, Doody, it ain't old school History Channel. Much more in depth on facts and figures, more interviews with the people who are there etc. Kind of a cross between The History Channel and Frontline I guess.

Blues Angels are now gone, so new banners have been added.. :)

It also looks like they've updated their site a bit, and added some more pictures and videos there.
(I can recommend the "Strategies & Tactics Video" and "Personal Stories Video" sections, some impressive footage there..)

Tonights Show:

Battlefield Diaries: Battle of Al Khafji
On January 29, 1991, twelve days into the Persian Gulf War, American air power dominated the campaign. Ground forces saw no direct enemy contact. But Saddam Hussein was not about to stay on the defensive. That night, in an effort to draw the American and Coalition forces into an early ground war and bolster the morale of his own troops, Hussein and the Iraqi Military launch a surprise attack by invading the Saudi Arabian city of Al Khafji.

Banners changed.

New upcoming show:

RED FLAG
Go inside the training exercises of the most realistic war games known as Red Flag.
It's Nellis Air Force Base where bombers, fighters and million dollar spy planes cruise the skies in the most realistic of war games known as Red Flag. Red Flag is a realistic combat training exercise involving the air forces of the United States and its allies, and is conducted on the vast bombing and gunnery ranges at Nellis AFB, Nevada......

Learn more on their site.. :)

The campaign will run out March, and then I'll remove/replace the banners, and stop "spamming" my own forum (for now) ;)

Back