the Military Channel. New from Discovery - Page 2

--
Boots

March 15th, 2005  
Canadian Sergeant

We just got it here on base and let me tell you, I watch Firepower every chance I can get.
March 15th, 2005  
Charge 7

"Fire Power" is great. So's "Battle Plan".
March 15th, 2005  
Redleg

I want to see "Fire Power" ....

There's a few impressive Naval Fire power WW2 film clips on their sites by the way..
Check out the Video Arsenal -> Strategies & Tactics 8)
(no, their not paying me pr click on their ads.. )
--
Boots
March 15th, 2005  
Duty Honor Country

some of those shows sounds like old school History Channel. I remember watching weapons of war, military blunders, masters of war and century of warfare.

I could always sit down and watch them. I guess I need to cough up the cash for a better cable package.
March 15th, 2005  
Charge 7

Nope, Doody, it ain't old school History Channel. Much more in depth on facts and figures, more interviews with the people who are there etc. Kind of a cross between The History Channel and Frontline I guess.
March 16th, 2005  
Canadian Sergeant

I like battle plan too, it had some thing on last night, but I kind of fell asleep during the show last night. Oops???!
March 19th, 2005  
Redleg

Blues Angels are now gone, so new banners have been added..

It also looks like they've updated their site a bit, and added some more pictures and videos there.
(I can recommend the "Strategies & Tactics Video" and "Personal Stories Video" sections, some impressive footage there..)
March 21st, 2005  
Redleg

Tonights Show:

Battlefield Diaries: Battle of Al Khafji
Quote:
On January 29, 1991, twelve days into the Persian Gulf War, American air power dominated the campaign. Ground forces saw no direct enemy contact. But Saddam Hussein was not about to stay on the defensive. That night, in an effort to draw the American and Coalition forces into an early ground war and bolster the morale of his own troops, Hussein and the Iraqi Military launch a surprise attack by invading the Saudi Arabian city of Al Khafji.
March 29th, 2005  
Redleg

Banners changed.

New upcoming show:

Quote:
RED FLAG
Go inside the training exercises of the most realistic war games known as Red Flag.
It's Nellis Air Force Base where bombers, fighters and million dollar spy planes cruise the skies in the most realistic of war games known as Red Flag. Red Flag is a realistic combat training exercise involving the air forces of the United States and its allies, and is conducted on the vast bombing and gunnery ranges at Nellis AFB, Nevada......
Learn more on their site..

The campaign will run out March, and then I'll remove/replace the banners, and stop "spamming" my own forum (for now)
March 29th, 2005  
Bory

Oh, If only I could afford/be bothered to get, cable.