Is the Military Changing?

Alright it's your life but believe me... you know those rules and regulations? Those are meant to weed out those who haven't been chummy with the higher ups. Catch 22s are abundant and that is no accident.
Now if you're lucky, you'll get spotted and be given the appropriate credit while doing your job in the field BUT if that's not the case, you gotta do what you gotta do.
Put your pride on the damned shelf and get grovelling!
If you're going to be that upstanding, you might as well show up on the battlefield in your ceremonial dress uniform. Why do you show up in camouflage? You're pretending to be a rock, a bush or whatever. Anything but you. So heck, kiss some ass and get this thing going. Later on after getting on the higher ups' radar and earning a few points and perhaps a promotion or two or whatnot you can return to the field with your career looking a lot more stable.

I saw the end of the “old Army” where your Battalion could promote up to E-8; I saw the Air Force award a mail clerk a Purple Heart for falling in a ditch drunk because the Army unit guarding Behn Hoa , miles away from him, was under fire; I experienced the horror of “McNamara’s 100,000” and the Army post Viet Nam: I saw Regan re-instill pride in the Military. Although I’ve been retired for a while I’m sure the military is better now then it was.

"Live your life so when your boots hit the floor in the morning the devil say's **** he's awake""

If your complaining about Pouges that hang around the CP fetchin coffee and eatin cheese gettin all the bennies and promotions while the field animals get screwed and passed over... Welcome to the Military.

Roman Legionairres probably bitched about the samee thing.

Like KJ said. Nature of the beast.

And there is your no BS answer. Dont worry about all the political crap, and follow the basic rules a MSG told me:
1) Do the right thing.
2) Dont break the law.
3) Take care of your soldiers.

Back