Military book collection

Robert S Hoyle

I am a pensioner, ex Royal Air Force-13 years then 5 with the United States Air Force [Germany and Libya]. My faher was KIA in Libya in 1941 as a member of the 7th Battn Royal Tank Regiment and my Grandfaher plus his father and granfather were also regulars [altho my grandfather never spoke to me for 3 years when I announced I had gone into the Air Force-changed his mind the first time he saw me in uniform!].
He was Coldstream Guards so my reading started with WW1-I spent many years overseas but from 1981 to 89 was in Scotland where I bought books. The first few hundred were WW1 then I wanted to know the reasons so now I go back to Greek/Roman! Then 1922 crept in and a little guy called Adolf-the next few hundred were WW2. Then I was around so the 'peacetime' wars are there=a lot of biography and inter WW!-2 politics.
There are roughly 2000-I am old and some are rare. If any deserving person happens to be in the province of Valencia -with a big vehicle I would be delighted to contribute to their library.I have no family nearer than New Zealand and shipping is thus impossible.
Leave a message here then I will consider communicating by email and since I travel a whole 2500 miles per YEAR in my car I will be available

Back