military ball

rotc boy

we just had the Austin area JROTC military ball and it was fun :D
see some pics from it here...
http://photobucket.com/albums/v281/cheesehammer/

post pics or stories from past military balls here....

i think the best part of this was when we found out our battalion CO was at an anime convention and was dressed up. so we snuck in and got a picture of her and we're putting it on the schools jrotc website :lol:
(with her permission of course ;) )

well, glad to see you people decided to post about what i asked... :roll:

c'mon, someone else has to have gone to one!

yes nulli, anything will do right about now...

and i totally agree with you joe, but that will have to wait till the "hot girls that we know" thread :lol:

and now another story from that night:
after it was over at about 12, our unit ended up going to an IHOP that was nearby. So we walk in in our dress blues, and a bunch of Air Force guys that were already there(this was not planned btw) shouted "THE MARINES ARE HERE!" and started cheering, and clapping. Then a little later the navy guys walked in and they were kinda assholes trying to start fights all night, so they come in and we had finished eating and were just sitting and talking, but the navy guys walk in and we all get up and leave :lol:

Here's me doing the POW/MIA table out our banquet two years ago. I'm the tall one. My Service coat was big then also, so I down graded to a better fitting one.
Memorial%20Table.jpg

Here's one from last years banquet. I'm the one scowling with the green cord. I could only muster a scowl because I didn't want to smile. Like my better fitting smaller Service coat?
12-11-04Moorefield-Fitzgerald.jpg

Last but not least, me getting promoted to C/Msgt. (not at the same place, though)
11-11-04%20Boyd.jpg

So ye want a story eh? Well, at the first banquet I got in trouble with a SM. Since the Chief needed to cut something open and said "I need to cut this." With out thinking I just pulled out my pocket knife whipped it open and cut it for him. As always, a SM was standing behind us and said to me "I don't want to see that out again." and left. Good thing she didn't see me clean my nails with it five minutes later. :D
As for the second one, nothing fun happened. Also they told everyone that the Chief, another C/Msgt, and I held the first Airman school at our squadron.
If you want to drive your C/CC crazy for a promotion or what not. Go up there and report in your lowest voice.He finally said (something like this) "Ok, cadets, when you're up there for a promotion don't whisper. Actaully speak. You're not on a Recon Mission so it's ok to talk." It took 6 promotions to finally say that. :D

So I'm not computer savy, live with it.
heres a link to a CadetStuff picture, it was taken a year ago, I'm the one in red (the picture on the left).

Anyways, no story other then that is almost ever CStuffer from CAWG. The second pic was taken the day before the banquet. There was some music playing and just at the part "shake it like a polaroid picture" that officer, well, the pic says it all... Fortunately hes my friend so I don't think he will have a problem with me posting it. Sorry I don't have anymore pics, I think they got lost in my comp that crashed.

you're pretty hot, I don't see how someone like you ends up with guys like us in cadets, most hot chicks at school wouldn't think twice about disdaining the military.

Sea_Cadet said:
you're pretty hot, I don't see how someone like you ends up with guys like us in cadets, most hot chicks at school wouldn't think twice about disdaining the military.

Whoa... Wow. Just case I'm "Hot" doesn't mean that I don't find "High n Tight" the sexiest and only haircut, and every man in a nice uniform catches my eye.

But yeah, I'm kinda "one of the gang" now, and an honorary JROTC member. I'm the AF branch/CAP recruiter of the JROTC, and held my ground by wearing a AF blue dress.... heck ya!

As for military balls, You've not been to one until you've been to a Marine Corps Birthday Ball(even one in the middle of the desert)! I hung out with some Marines in the Arizona Desert during their Birthday Ball. Being the civilian dingus that I am, I figured they would raise a few glasses and carry on with business. NOT! They went to the local bar and called in some "ladies of finer breeding." And they had steak and beer and celebrated like Marines do. That had to be the greatest parties I ever had the pleasure of being an underaged drinker at!

silent driller said:
As for military balls, You've not been to one until you've been to a Marine Corps Birthday Ball(even one in the middle of the desert)! I hung out with some Marines in the Arizona Desert during their Birthday Ball. Being the civilian dingus that I am, I figured they would raise a few glasses and carry on with business. NOT! They went to the local bar and called in some "ladies of finer breeding." And they had steak and beer and celebrated like Marines do. That had to be the greatest parties I ever had the pleasure of being an underaged drinker at!

Hun, Marines don't do anything then carry on with business. If they are gonna do something, they are gonna do it damn right. I should know. My boyfriend wasn't here to celebrate my birthday with me (they wouldn't let them off long enough) so he got drunk there. Yeah, I was thrilled.

Back