military ball

--

January 23rd, 2005  
rotc boy

Topic: military ball

we just had the Austin area JROTC military ball and it was fun
see some pics from it here...
http://photobucket.com/albums/v281/cheesehammer/

post pics or stories from past military balls here....

i think the best part of this was when we found out our battalion CO was at an anime convention and was dressed up. so we snuck in and got a picture of her and we're putting it on the schools jrotc website
(with her permission of course )
January 23rd, 2005  
Sea_Cadet

nice to know you got your blues
January 23rd, 2005  
Joe252

skittles is hot.....
--
January 23rd, 2005  
rotc boy

well, glad to see you people decided to post about what i asked...

c'mon, someone else has to have gone to one!
January 25th, 2005  
C/2nd Lt Robot

Would a Squadron Banquet do?
January 25th, 2005  
Joe252

a Banquet is almost the same so probely ya
January 25th, 2005  
rotc boy

yes nulli, anything will do right about now...

and i totally agree with you joe, but that will have to wait till the "hot girls that we know" thread

and now another story from that night:
after it was over at about 12, our unit ended up going to an IHOP that was nearby. So we walk in in our dress blues, and a bunch of Air Force guys that were already there(this was not planned btw) shouted "THE MARINES ARE HERE!" and started cheering, and clapping. Then a little later the navy guys walked in and they were kinda *******s trying to start fights all night, so they come in and we had finished eating and were just sitting and talking, but the navy guys walk in and we all get up and leave
January 25th, 2005  
C/2nd Lt Robot

Here's me doing the POW/MIA table out our banquet two years ago. I'm the tall one. My Service coat was big then also, so I down graded to a better fitting one.

Here's one from last years banquet. I'm the one scowling with the green cord. I could only muster a scowl because I didn't want to smile. Like my better fitting smaller Service coat?

Last but not least, me getting promoted to C/Msgt. (not at the same place, though)
January 25th, 2005  
rotc boy

and the story to go with it?
January 25th, 2005  
C/2nd Lt Robot

So ye want a story eh? Well, at the first banquet I got in trouble with a SM. Since the Chief needed to cut something open and said "I need to cut this." With out thinking I just pulled out my pocket knife whipped it open and cut it for him. As always, a SM was standing behind us and said to me "I don't want to see that out again." and left. Good thing she didn't see me clean my nails with it five minutes later.
As for the second one, nothing fun happened. Also they told everyone that the Chief, another C/Msgt, and I held the first Airman school at our squadron.
If you want to drive your C/CC crazy for a promotion or what not. Go up there and report in your lowest voice.He finally said (something like this) "Ok, cadets, when you're up there for a promotion don't whisper. Actaully speak. You're not on a Recon Mission so it's ok to talk." It took 6 promotions to finally say that.