Military Academys

Check the sticky. It depends on what branch you want to go in. There's the Naval Academy at Annapolis , the Military (Army) Academy at West Point, and the Air Force Academy in Colorado.

Should you receive an appointment, there's no tuition. I don't know much about the other academies, but at West Point, you basically pay off your education by serving in the Army on Active Duty for 5 years, Reserve for 3. If however, you make it past the first two years and drop out after making your "cow commitment," you'll owe the government 250,000 USD.

There is however, a deposit made to cover your uniforms and whatnot, at West Point, it's 2500 USD I believe, but other than that you actually receive a salary.

*IIRC*

I guess you can figure out where I plan on heading after high school :). If you have any questions about West Point in particular, I'm pretty knowledgeable about it considering I'm not a cadet there. Otherwise, I've got a buttload of books about the USMA in my room I could check with.

Annapolis also has a deposit of like $2000 as well for uniforms and whatnot. And I believe that Annapolis is something like a $300,000 education payable in 5 years of military service.

Back