Milforum RANKED Battlefield 2 server now online!

Do you play BF 2?

• Yes!

Votes: 24 61.5%
  • nope...

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • No, but I'm certainly going to now!

Votes: 5 12.8%

• Total voters
That's correct, I'm a little slow on the updates..
But it's easier to fill it this way, since there are very few 64 player servers left of that version now.. :smil:
Going to update it soon.

lol i like to play on large maps with like 10-20 players. no need to wait for the vehicles and craft and i dont get TKed cuz someone wants the aircraft..

My BF2 hasnt worked since the newest patch...

Really chaps my ass, I have been trying just about everything...Soooooo odd it works fine until I patch it then no more...My next step is to update my MOBO/Bios and deaccelerate my sound

maybe check the port or ur firewall..
i couldnt play but when i turned off firewall, it got fixed..

Oh no it is far more than that....

You see it works fine pre-patch... post-patch however it will flash then nothing yet BF2.exe is at 98% CPU and will stay that way indefinitely....

EA is saying i need to turn my sound acceleration down to basic via dxdiag, which chaps my arse because why should I negatively affect performance i paid for system wide because they cant get their EAX programing correct....

I have had lengthy discussions with support on this and am still working on the issue.....

I have fixed my problem to now only get another one...

They basically had me manually rip out BF2 from my HDD, Registry, and Installashield installation files....However now SF wont install, I'm thinking it is something to do with the installashiled installation folder...

Hey I am facing a problem too.
Every time I come to install the game, they installation starts , where it says "preparing to instal", but after that, the screen returns to the desktop and nothing happens :confused:

can't wait for you to update. When do you think you might have that done so I can keep my eyes open for it? I also have to new of a version
Thanks

I'm afraid that I have to take the server offline 4th January...
It costs a bit too much to maintain right now, but I'll see if I can get a new one online again later next year.. :?

I'll upgrade it to the latest version next week, so at least I'll stay upgraded for a couple of weeks before going offline. :smil:

Hey I am facing a problem too.
Every time I come to install the game, they installation starts , where it says "preparing to instal", but after that, the screen returns to the desktop and nothing happens :confused:

Have you installed the program before?

It could be a couple things ranging from Hardware like memory usage issues to software like leftover registry entries / instalshield installation folders from previous installs or software conflicts....

PM me with details and I'll try and help....

Why not just do an America's Army server? It's a Freeware game that is more realistic than BF, and it's available for download online, or a CD from your local Army Recruiter ;)

well america's army.. omg its so horrible! lol i got it from my recruiter.. man its boring.. BF2.. is so much funnerrr

is server 1.41 yet? maybe we can get a fundraiser/sponsor/donation to keep it alive :(

is server 1.41 yet? maybe we can get a fundraiser/sponsor/donation to keep it alive
No, it's unfortunately not 1.41 yet (if forgot to upgrade it last week, sorry.. :oops: )
But not donations are needed to put it back online since I've planned to do that anyway in feb/march (I'll get it sponsored). :smil:

Back