Miles Laser Gear System

its good for training MILES (Multiple Laser Engagement Sytem) it has different zones for different damage but i dont think that there is a damage zone on the head

New or old system?

We have some MILES systems left in Norway (the old one), where you are either shot dead or not..
The system isn't very accurate either, but it does beat runing around with blanks only.

It was good, but we got a MUCH better system now, with GPS in every personal vest, several hit points so you can get different types wounds, or get killed.
Read more about it here:
http://www.military-quotes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=971

It's really awesome, and it's the most realistic training you can get. (without the real thing...)

MILES gear is great for Mech but it's a pain for light. The battery box on the body harness is right by your neck. When you got a heavy ruck on, the box digs into your back. Some soldiers will wear it backwards. Then you'll have some OC tell you that you are wearing it wrong.

Then there's the fact that you cannot really judge artillery. Fire missions have a dely of 10 minutes while the fire marker gets there with his ATV to throw ARTY simulators down. By that time, the enemy is gone. The goal of artilley in the MILES war is to guess where the enemy is going to be 10 minutes from when you call in the fire mission.

I think that MILES (multiple Integrated Laser Enguagement System) is a great training aid old or new. Both systems has a head piece so that you can still get shot in the head.

Well, 3 Marine Corps generals said it, and 5 vietnam vets, of course nowadays it might have changed, but i know that they did use live ammo at least up to Desert Storm, if they still use it, i would have to double check.

sgtbreeden said:
I think that MILES (multiple Integrated Laser Enguagement System) is a great training aid old or new. Both systems has a head piece so that you can still get shot in the head.

I agree, it makes for good learning when you are considered dead because of a screwup, usually your own. IT was uncomforatable and at times unreliable, but it worked and was better than firing blanks without the laser attached. As for live fire, that was only in designated zones and never was it blue on blue.

sgtbreeden said:
k so they do have a head piece

Back