MilCharity......

Redleg

The fire is everything
Staff member
Things have really started to heat up for military-quotes.com, and I'm finally starting to make some $$ from the ads...
(how much is a secret, but I'm not getting rich (yet) ;) )
From 1000-1500 unique visitors pr day in December, to over 3000(!) pr day now!!! :D

But I didn't make this site to get rich so I have decided to give away a monthly donation to different organizations etc. that deserves it..

I'm starting with $100-$150 in March (it's not that much, but it's something...), and I want you to help me decide who deserves the donation in March..

How much I donate each month depends on how much I got from ads the month before, so hopefully I can give more and more each month...(hint, hint.. ;) ) :D

Who deserves to get $100-$150 in March??
Post you suggestions here.
I will give the donation away to different organizations each month
(if we find any others)

(Ohh, I feel sooooo good.. :lol: 8) :santa: )

Wow great Job Redleg. :D Im not sure what the charity is called, but this summer I going on a trip to Hati to do some missionary work and basically help teach kids down their who have absolutly nothing. Maybe you should consider sending money to some kind of charity to a third world country. Perhaps the Afgahn relief fund?

That sounds like a good idea.

Please post a link if you know any websites.

Good work, Redleg.

How about the "Let's Bring 'Em Home" Project? www.lbeh.org

It's a foundation that buys tickets home for GIs stationed abroad when they get leave so they can spend the holidays with their families.

I just wanted to say

Your doing a great thing.
How about the buy Sherman105 a Sheramn 105mm fund... :lol: :wink:
Just joking. I think that helping children is the most imortant thing. Some Norwigen childrne fund(remmember the saying-the poor of your town come before those of others....)

Yeah, I was thinking about some kind of children fund, or war victim fund..

But there are so many out there..
I need some help to decide. :?

heh i really cant say much for any of it all

money donated to charity is good to any charity.. a charity thats been verified

No more suggestions?
No-one else that deserves the donation???

I still need some help to decide this.. :?

Redneck said:
Good work, Redleg.

How about the "Let's Bring 'Em Home" Project? www.lbeh.org

It's a foundation that buys tickets home for GIs stationed abroad when they get leave so they can spend the holidays with their families.

i agree with this one. Especially for when the members of the military get shipped back to the U.S. and are stuck in say texas when they live in CA

I think a children's charity is the way to go, or children's hospital in your area. The hero fund and let's bring them home sound good, but they look like charities that focus on the American military and not everyone is American, so I think children's charities are more neutral.

Yeah, I agree with you there..

This is an international military forum, so I think it will be wrong to only focus on an American charity, for now..
But I have planned to donate to a new charity each month, so it's not impossible that one of the months donations can go to something American too.

I'm looking into a couple of children charities now.
The donation will take place around the 12th March.

I have (almost) decided that the donations in March will go to the International Comitee of the Red Cross' "Children in War" program.

http://www.icrc.org/web/eng/siteeng0.nsf/f_don?openform

The Red Cross are doing great and important work all over the world, so I think they deserves this month donation.
(Unless some of you has another (better) suggestion)

135 US$ donated to the International Comitee of the Red Cross' "Children in War" program today. :D

It feels so good to support such a good cause..
Giving children guns and uniforms and sending them off to war instead of having them wandering around alone on the streets, and getting bored..
(That's what the ICRC is doing, right.. ?? ;) )

http://www.icrc.org/web/eng/siteeng0.nsf/iwpList2/Focus:Children_in_war#listanchor3

Any suggestions for the April donation??
(and NO Redneck, "Adopt a Dolphin" is NOT a good cause.. ;) )

Not a children's charity...But the Veterans Party of America could use all the push it can get right now. Coming soon to all 50 states.

Hi Janie, and welcome to the forum.

A Veterans charity could be interesting in the future, but I don't want to focus on an America only charity right now, since this is an international site and forum.

Back