MilCharity......

Re: ah!

sherman105 said:
What do you mean "Adopt A Dolphin" is not a good cause?! :lol:

Hm....
I don't want to talk about it..
It still puts some strange/weird images in my head when I think about it...
Ask Redneck ;)

I wonder if you'd consider the Army Emergency Relief for this month's donation? In these times of increased deployment, the need for this fund is needed even more. You may already know about it but you can visit the site if you'd like at http://www.aerhq.org/
I know it's an "only American" thing but so am I ;)

Re: ah!

Redleg said:
sherman105 said:
What do you mean "Adopt A Dolphin" is not a good cause?! :lol:

Hm....
I don't want to talk about it..
It still puts some strange/weird images in my head when I think about it...
Ask Redneck ;)

:lol: Never look at a dolphin the same way again, will you?

On topic, I really do not know much about international charities beyond the Red Cross (and the hippies at Amnesty International, Green Peace, etc. :lol: ). Is there anywhere that has a list of these organizations that I could check out?

What has a dolphin ever done for you? I say it should go towards the "Adopt a Tiger" cause cause there a hell of a lot less tigers than dolphins. :lol:

This is an old thread...and I'm only new here.....BUT.....I know a retired VET who personally sent Christmas cards to over 200 soldiers serving in the war this past year. Your local American Legion Hall may be doing the same thing in terms of packages, cards and support.

I know when the war started, they were terribly short on any paper goods...coffee filters, cig rolling paper, baby wipes, etc. These VET groups stood up and filled the need.

It's a thought to see if they could utilize the money for active war serving military WITHOUT seeking any financial gain for their organization.

Again.....just a thought.

Back