Milcharity: October Donation

TT, I agree with the suggestion of the Red Crescent.

I posted one up before for a group of Vietnam Vets who are volunteering working with American's returning home with amputations from Iraq but it didn't even raise an eyebrow so I have bowed out of the suggestions.

bulldogg said:
I posted one up before for a group of Vietnam Vets who are volunteering working with American's returning home with amputations from Iraq but it didn't even raise an eyebrow so I have bowed out of the suggestions.

That's certainly a worthy cause, but I personally feel that we should donate to more international charities since we are (or try to be :) ) an international forum...

Last months donation went to US of A by the way (the Hurricane Relief Fund).

tomtom22 said:
Anybody else have a suggestion?

Come on!
^^^^^^^
What he said!! 8)

Pause for the cause and I will seek but this month I stand behind seconding the motion for the Red Crescent.

bulldogg said:

I think it is an excellent idea but with the earthquakes in Pakistan recently I think the red cresent is a better cause right now.

It WAS a few months back Monty.

I agree with the earthquake sentiment though the blog I found online from a USAF female officer makes me a bit pissed off. She is a scant few klicks from the Paki border and they have tons of supplies sitting on the tarmac and going nowhere fast because they can't get clearance from the PAKISTANI government to bring them over. :roll:

bulldogg said:
It WAS a few months back Monty.

I agree with the earthquake sentiment though the blog I found online from a USAF female officer makes me a bit pissed off. She is a scant few klicks from the Paki border and they have tons of supplies sitting on the tarmac and going nowhere fast because they can't get clearance from the PAKISTANI government to bring them over. :roll:

Agreed and I suspect that perhaps your suggestion is a good one for November assuming no other part of the world gets destroyed in the mean time.

Can I make a suggestion for Novembers donation please, either Children in Need or since we are a military forum a military charity (sound selfish dont I lol), but there are a lot of people out there who are donating money to these relief charities. It seems like all the people who are risking/risked their life and limb for our various countries and other peoples countries are being left by the wayside to be forgotten!!!

Not again... :oops:

The donation was actually sent a couple of weeks ago...
Here's a copy of the confirmation e-mail..

Dear ***

Please accept our heartfelt appreciation for your contribution in support of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies.

The International Federation and its 181 member National Societies are committed to assisting the world's most vulnerable people through programmes in disaster response, disaster preparedness and health and community care activities. We depend on people like you to be able to provide effective and sustainable aid, and your donation will help us to truly make a difference in the lives of our beneficiaries.

On behalf of our 97 million Red Cross and Red Crescent members and volunteers around the world who are joined together through the shared value system of the power of humanity, welcome to the International Federation's family of friends and supporters.

Again, thank you for your kindness and generosity.

International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies

Description: South Asia earthquake
From: Int'l Federation of Red Cross & Red Crescent Societies t/as IFRC

tomtom22 said:
Can we make suggestions for December?

December donations will be bit delayed now due to some upcomming major changes to the forum.. :)

Back