MilCharity: December Donation(s) :)

Yay, thanks for donating to Feed the Children!

My next suggestion is an organization who is providing school supplies etc. to Iraqi Children. I will see if there is a website and post it.

Couldn't be a better one at this time, Redleg. They're saying the death toll now is something like 25,000 and may double or more as the cleanup continues. As Secretary Powell stated, this will take years to recover from.

Hi,

My suggestion for this months donation is that it should go to an organization that helps out with the tragedy here

Redleg .

There is a problem in that ..............it will take time .............Rebuilding efforts will start after it is known that everyone that needs to be saved is actually saved....

Second Who will you Give the Money to.........This is Spread Across 11 Countries..........I don't know of any centralised Organisation that is handling the Rebuilding Process in all those 11 Countries.............My suggestion would be to Give it to Sri-lankan Relif work they have suffered too Much ...........years of war now taken most of the blunt of this Tsunamis :(

I gave My Very Small Contribution Directly to that Prime Minister's Relif Fund that would be Jointly Funding the Indian and Sri-lankan Relif work .

Red Cross of Similar organisation could be one Idea though ..

[EDIT]

Found this BBC Article it lists Some Websites

HOW YOU CAN HELP
Click below to visit the websites of agencies carrying out relief work
Care International
International Federation of the Red Cross
Medecins Sans Frontieres
Oxfam
Save The Children
Unicef
World Vision

You can Find the Link to these on the Actual BBC Article Here & HERE

Peace
-=SF_13=-

Hi,

Yes, i Agree Sri lanka is a War Torn Region ....................it will never be able to Get out of this If Outside Help is not Given.

IT woud be a Good Contender for the Donation .

Red Cross Around the world is Accepting Donations ................you can submit your Contributions in Cash or Kind at the Nearest Red Cross Office.

You can Also Donate Online But Beware of Frauds................only Give Donations to Reputed Organisations .............make sure your Money gets to who needs the Most.

here is a List Set up by Google of all the organisation and Tsunami Relief page You can Also Visit it.

http://www.google.com/tsunami_relief.html

And Similar List is maintained by CNN you can Visit here

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/asiapcf/12/27/quake.aidsites/

For Indian Citizen Living Abroad:
India has Refused Aid Form Foreign Countries........But not form International Aid Agencies...........So if your Are an Indian Send you Contribution Directly to the Prime Ministers Relif Fund ............and if you live in India,;..... People are Advised to Submit themselves rather than Online .

Peace
-=SF_13=-

I'm increasing my own contribution, so the total will be $150 now..
I've also donated to national aid organizations, and I hope that as many as possible of you do the same...

No amount is too small, you can even donate clothes, gear etc. to your local aid station...

You can find some links to different national and iternational aid organizations here:
http://www.military-quotes.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7881

Hi,

Yes I tred to Spare some .............and Donated Blood .................Blood supplies are Runnng Short ................So i got all my Fiends and Encouraged them to Spare some (Blood) :D

Psst : A bit Frightened About the Blood test result it might be something Like 60% Alcohol :oops: :D

It Dosen't matter if it's a huge Sum or Small it will all go down in Helping Someone in a big way ...............i am surprised by the Internationla Privare Donations ...............the figures are just Staggring.............Italian's and Britons alone Added 45 Million $ is such a Small time and it's Increasing .............same is the reaction everywhere...........God Bless Us all

BTW.: AlexKall Did someone ever told you that you have a very Sexy Signature ;) :p

Peace
-=Good Luck=--
-=SF_13=-

Well this happened at a very bad time, I had to bottom out my savings and checking accounts so I could pay to keep my car running and get presents, I will have to make some other payments for my car but I intend to donate at least $40 to the International Red Cross. Anybody know if they are doing any sort of humanitarian missions to these countries? Like the IRC flying in volunteers from other countries to help with the clean up? But yes, the donation should definetly go towards a Tsunami Relief Fund of some sort. And just remember, clothes and food are nice but what these organizations really need is cash, so this is a time when you don't need to feel guilty about taking the lazy way out and donating money.

the International Red Cross/Red Crescent are doing some great work in the disaster areas, and especially in Sri Lanka now.

Norwegian Red Cross have sent several small/medium sized medical facilities and personnel down already, and more is on it's way.
So it's a very good organization to send donations to.. :)

Back