Mil-Forum Book Club

5.56X45mm

Milforum Mac Daddy
Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
* Turn to page 87.
* Find the fifth sentence.
* Post that sentence
* Don't dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST book.....

"But you're fixing it so he sees you instead of the real future."

Starwars: Legacy of the Force - Invincible
by Troy Denning

"Men are often susceptible to that because without even realizing it, they get attacked by the "what if's".

The power of a praying woman
By: Stormie Omartian

"Yes, I read the bible.."

Last edited:
"Mountain understood his extremity but refused to stay down while his mates kept their and continued their drills."

Gates Of Fire
by Steven Pressfield.

First off, cool thread!

And second, hahahahahaha, here's mine, "His hold was too tight to wiggle lose from, and she didn't care to have her brains rattled again if she tried any more kicks."

"These were XA902, which completed 1000 hours of flight with the Rolls-Royce Conway R.Co.11, and was ruse subsequently for development of the Rolls-Royce Spey turbofan, and XA903, flown with a fifth engine, mounted in an underfuselage pod and provided with a bifurcated air intake."

Dear Penthouse Forum...

Oops wrong book...

Here we go...
By raising such objections in the presence of Hitler, a dictator whose self esteem was already inflated, v Brauchitsch attained precisely the opposite of what he intended.

Lost Victories
Field Marshall Erich von Manstein.

"This procedure, technically called a cricothyroidotomy, should be undertaken only when a person with a throat obstruction is not able to breath at all --no gasping sounds, no coughing-- and only after you have attempted to perform the Heimlich maneuver three times without dislodging the obstruction."

The Worst Case Scenario Survival Handbook
Joshua Piven & David Borgenicht

Wow it's even in english so I don't have to translate it:
"But it seems that Vitruvius is again mistaken, as the Rhodians allegedly managed to knock several of the iron sheets off the tower, exposing the timber beneath to their incendiary missiles, whereupon Demetrius had the machine hauled out of harm's way."

(in Campbell, D.B.: Besieged; Siege Warfare in the Ancient World, Oxford 2006)

It's one of my books for my final thesis on war-machines in the army of Alexander the Great. ^^ It's quite good too.
Nice thread- 5 points

Last edited:
Wow it's even in english so I don't have to translate it:
"But it seems that Vitruvius is again mistaken, as the Rhodians allegedly managed to knock several of the iron sheets off the tower, exposing the timber beneath to their incendiary missiles, whereupon Demetrius had the machine hauled out of harm's way."

(in Campbell, D.B.: Besieged; Siege Warfare in the Ancient World, Oxford 2006)

It's one of my books for my final thesis on war-machines in the army of Alexander the Great. ^^ It's quite good too.
Nice thread- 5 points

Hmm I had forgotten all about Demetrius the Besieger that was great read, wasn't he a little after Alexander though?

He'd read accounts on Sith spirits appearing to share the secrets of the dark side with powerful apprentices who sought them out, but all Bane had found on Korriban was dust and bones.

- Star wars Darth Bane: Rule of two
written by Drew Karpyshyn (englisch version)

"Fledgling companies, for example, may requir an extensive top-notch advertising campaign to achieve the name recognition that older competitors already enjoy."
- AWA, GMAT preparation book.

"Not long ago the Doctor, advised Diane that her fatigue and emocional rollercoaster was due to her high level of stress...."

"A Woman on the Verge of a Nervous Break-down"
"How to find the peace of God on a daily basis"

By: Cindi Wood

Last edited:
"Unlike the Old Testament priests who had to spend hours preparing to meet him, we can now approach God anytime." -The Purpose Driven Life by Rick Warren

its my moms!

The DNA, however, is not directly involved in running the operations of the cell, anymore than computer software by itself can print a bank statement or read the bar code on a box of cereal......

Biology 7th Edition

By:
Campbell Reece

School stuff...sigh...lol...

"'You inquired of me, a little time agone,' said he, at length, 'my judgment as touching your health.'"

The scarlet letter by: Daniel Hawthorne

English 2 honors book i gotta read lol so boring.

"All I do know is that this Business about professions and studies and salaries and so on - it makes me sick, it is and always was disgusting."

All Quiet on the Western Front
By Erich Maria Remarque

I read to many war books.

Back