Mikhail Kalishnakov R.I.P.

predatorarchery

Mikhail Kalishnakov..... 10 NOV 1919 to 23 DEC 2013

I, as a soldier, must admit, the death of Mikhail Kalishnakov comes with heavy heart. He was a soldier in WWII. He was wounded in combat. He served his country well.
He created one of the best weapons of all time. I have used it, and it has been used against me. It has been there to save my life, and has nearly helped take it as well.
When I have carried them in the field, they never let me down. Mr. Kalishnakov created a weapon that has changed the world. For good or bad, that is a matter of opinion.
But we must admit, his designs and his service to the U.S.S.R. made him an adversary that is worthy of our respect.
May the Lord bless him, and give his family peace with their loss.

THE #1 rifle in the world.. no real other contenders based on longevity and popularity. Use one once or twice. Stunning, effective simplicity! (for me #2 was the L1A1 SLR (7.62 NATO) Australian Lithgow variant.) US troops used to try and swap M16s and AR10s in Vietnam for these.. genuine story and it prbably cost them a few bottles of beer! HAPPY XMAS to all.

RIP sir. You served your country well and for that you my utmost respect. (even if I do hate the sound your rifle makes since it's been my principle antagonist for the last 12 years)

ak-12-05.jpg

His spirit lives on even today. R.I.P. Mr. Kalashnakov...

Your impact on history surpasses even that of many world leaders even today.

Back