You Might Be A Mass-hole If You Think...

gigabrain

Khakis are something you start the car with

You think crosswalks are for wimps

You think if someone's nice to you, they either want something or they are from out of town and probably lost

You know how to cross 4 lanes of traffic in 5 seconds

You are amazed when traveling out of town that people who work at McDonald's actually speak English

You think it's not actually tailgating unless your bumper is touching the car in front of you

You know that a yellow light means at least 5 more cars can get through ... and that a red light means 2 more can

A Crown Victoria = Undercover Cop

The transportation system is known as the "T"

Subway is a fast food place

You could own a small town in Iowa for the cost of your house

There are 24 Dunkin Donuts shops within 15 minutes of your house

When people talk about the "curse of the Bambino," you know exactly what they are talking about, and you believe in it, too

You think of Rhode Island as the "deep South"

Anything past Worcester is "the middle of nowhere" (if you live in
Boston)

You believe using a turn signal gives away your plan to the enemy

If you stay on the same road long enough, it will eventually have 3 or more different names

Someone has honked at you because you didn't peel out the second the light turned green

You've honked at someone because they didn't peel out the second the light turned green

All the potholes just add excitement to your driving experience

Stop signs mean slow down a little, but only if you feel like it

Six inches of snow is considered a "dusting"

Three days of 90+ heat is definitely a "heat wave" ... and 63 weather is "on the warm side"

$15 to park is a bargain

You cringe every time you hear some actor/actress imitate the "Boston accent" on TV or in a movie. If you don't have it, you're never going to get it right ... even if you were born here

At the ice cream shop, you call chocolate sprinkles "Jimmies"

You can go from one side of your hometown to the other in less than 15 minutes and see at least 15 losers you graduated with doing the same exact same thing they were doing the last time you saw them

...and finally because you know you will pass this on to spread Mass. pride

whats sad is how many of these are true

When people talk about the "curse of the Bambino," you know exactly what they are talking about, and you believe in it, too
the curse has been lifted8)

There are 24 Dunkin Donuts shops within 15 minutes of your house
15 minutes walking;)

At the ice cream shop, you call chocolate sprinkles "Jimmies"
i really confused some texans with that one

You think it's not actually tailgating unless your bumper is touching the car in front of you
thats what my dad taught me when he was teaching me to drive :lol:

You know that a yellow light means at least 5 more cars can get through ... and that a red light means 2 more can
inside boston, add 3 more to both of those numbers

You think if someone's nice to you, they either want something or they are from out of town and probably lost
if its the first one, you're about to be robbed

very nice post giga!

Last edited:
A Crown Victoria = Undercover Cop
Always, even when its not black.

Sad, but so very true!

You cringe every time you hear some actor/actress imitate the "Boston accent" on TV or in a movie. If you don't have it, you're never going to get it right ... even if you were born here.
Right on!

:)

gigabrain said:

I wish the same was true down here, I wasn't paying attention to the light, and listening to the chick next to me give me directions to her house. . . she's trying to kill me I swear, or she has a death wish.

ya, my parents are looking to move back to Mass this summer. Its turning into a real problem because of the friggin prices.

Back