might be a marine

sunshine

im now thinking of joining the marines i talked to a recruter and he told me that it is possible to enlist go to boot then go to college and become an officer. it is suppose to be easy. is there any marine officers here that has done that or any body who could fill me in some when it comes to marines i would even be happy if you knew some one you could refer me to thanks to who ever does have info for me

Don't forget: every Marine is a rifleman. Are you prepared to get down and dirty and qual on an M-16? Do you have the mental and physical toughness to be a Marine?

Not trying to discourage you, but TI had mentioned some of the counseling he's given you, and I want to make sure you're doing it for the right reasons.

yes sir im willing to do all that i kow that it will be hard but i have been to pt with the recrutes here once and i seem to fit in with them beter then ne body and i know they are a proud bunch im going to be doing pt with all male recrutes once a week from now on and i think i am mentally strong enough

You're going to hurt no matter how strong you are. Yeah AJ is right "Every Marines a Rifleman" Not matter what your MOS or rank is you're going to get down and dirty. Now if you want easy join the air for.........nevermind. :lol: J/K But seriously the DIs are going to break you and you dont go to basic to have fun.

Every marine recruit goes through this, even if you go in as a officer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VGG5KqsWp1Y

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TB41LpBezkU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2BPjk-E1e4

But he's not even a grunt yet...

*edit: No offense intended, just stating the facts.

Last edited:
Someone yelled out, "Army Strong Hooah Sir!" at the LTC during PT this morning...the entire BN just about busted a gut.

Perhaps one with a verb or two, so it doesn't sound like something the Hulk or Barry Bonds would say.

Hulk? How about Armymaniac? lol...Barry Bonds? nahh...He got the steroid.

ALRIGHT, let's back to the subject. Sorry.

It is not easy, but it is very doable. There is a program in the Marine Corps called MECEP. The basics of it are, you spend approximatly 2 years in the Corps, work your way up to Cpl, take a few College courses during that 2 year period, and submit a MECEP package. "IF" accepted, you then become a full time student, get all of your school payed for and get the pay of a Sgt. You do not do anything else but go to school, at the end of it you take your commision as a 2nd Lt. You really do need to make sure thought that this is what you want to do as those above have told you correct. Every Marine is a rifleman first and formost and we could care less if you are a female or not, a Marine is a Marine and you will be expected to hold the standards.

i think i really want to be in the marines i went to pt with some of the recrutes here and i fit in there but i think im going to go to colege first and then become an officer i was told that it would be stupid not to go to college first but im thinking maybe being enlisted would be better then applying for MECEP but i dont know yet

i talked to a recruter and he told me that it is possible to enlist go to boot then go to college and become an officer. it is suppose to be easy.

Thats the 92 day reservist. My recruiter highly recommended it to me. If i dont get accepted to the USNA, I will most likely do that. It means that you would go to Basic a day or two after graduating high school, then go to college right after you get back. During college you would be an enlisted reservist and do PLC. For PLC you would get no money for college during your Freshman year, but if you signed up then, you would get money each other year, and would go to Quantico after Freshman year and Junior year. if you want to know anymore, just PM me or talk to your recruiter. I highly recommend becoming a Marine. definitely do it!

i think i really want to be in the marines i went to pt with some of the recrutes here and i fit in there but i think im going to go to colege first and then become an officer i was told that it would be stupid not to go to college first but im thinking maybe being enlisted would be better then applying for MECEP but i dont know yet

With spelling and grammar like that, you would fit in nicely with the USMC. I'm joking of course, but seriously, it is hard to read your typing.

oops sorry i was in a hurry when i was typing that lol but yeah i am actually good at english most times any way and like i said i was in a hurry any way thanks for all the advice guys

It is not easy, but it is very doable. There is a program in the Marine Corps called MECEP. The basics of it are, you spend approximatly 2 years in the Corps, work your way up to Cpl, take a few College courses during that 2 year period, and submit a MECEP package. "IF" accepted, you then become a full time student, get all of your school payed for and get the pay of a Sgt. You do not do anything else but go to school, at the end of it you take your commision as a 2nd Lt. You really do need to make sure thought that this is what you want to do as those above have told you correct. Every Marine is a rifleman first and formost and we could care less if you are a female or not, a Marine is a Marine and you will be expected to hold the standards.

I am looking at putting in for the MECEP as well and just wanted to clear up a few things...

http://www.usmc.mil/directiv.nsf/bc...256ffd00507fa8?OpenDocument&Highlight=2,mecep

to get this pub all i did was to search the USMC.mil site. click the publications heading at the top of the site and then search over at the right.

this is the most recent publication of the MECEP program. the one for last year. It is important that you see that you have to pay for college. Now as far as it not costing you anyting that all depends on if you have the GI bill still waiting for you. Otherwise you will have to fork out the money up front. also there isn't a requrement for the rank anymore and you get paid as the grade you are when you start the course. There is usually an automatic promotion awarded to the next rank once you are accepted into the program but this is an unwritten rule.

Either way good luck to you! and if you have any questions this is one of the best ways to get them answered.

Last edited:
Back