Is MIG gone?

Found answer

MiG Will Hardly Reach UAC in Near Term

The entry of Russian Aircraft Corporation MiG (RSK MiG) into United Aircraft Corporation (UAC) will be probably postponed for a year and a half, till MiG’s rehabilitation is completed. Nowadays, UAC and Industry and Trade Ministry are negotiating with Finance Ministry and the state-controlled banks about appropriating the 20-billion ruble subvention to RSK MiG, which debts amount to 40 billion ruble.
The fact that RSK MiG’s takeover by UAC could be shelved for a year and a half, i.e. till the reorganization of the enterprise is finally completed, was unveiled by a source in profile ministry. “The scenario is being discussed in the government. UAC CEO Alexei Fedorov and Industry and Trade Ministry are in talks with Finance Ministry, Vneshekonombank and Sberbank about appropriating to RSK MiG one-time subventions in the amount of roughly 20 billion ruble.”

People in UAC confirmed that the integration will be probably put off. “The financial situation at MiG is tense indeed. Although formally RSK isn’t a part of UAC yet, we have settled down to solving the problem, in particular, we are negotiating financial recovery of the enterprise with the government’s bodies. Various variants of MiG’s entry into UAC are being elaborated, both before and after its rehabilitation,” said Konstantin Lantratov from UAC.

Chief of Sukhoi Holding Mikhail Pogosyan has stepped in to help sort out the difficulties, according to Lantratov. Pogosyan is expected to head MiG once it becomes a portion of UAC and the sources say that, amid other things, he conditioned the future appointment to the state support rendered to MiG.
www.kommersant.com

Link
http://www.kommersant.com/p1077830/MiG_UAC/

Migs

Imagine if Russia paid off some of the money they owe to South Korea in the form of Mig-29s?

Without looking through twenty posts does South Korea like their Russian made gear?

Thanks

The helicopters are doing fine.
Some armored equipment is here in small numbers. Some BMPs and some T-80s I think.
Helicopters though are in more serious employment.
PS MiG-29s would be a waste of time and money. Don't need any. Well if spare parts were reliable maybe for an aggressor squadron along with some MiG-21s.

This is a very good move by the Kremlin heads. They've finally learned the power of merged mega-corporations. Dark side of the force is strong with them. :smil:

MIG

A friend of mind told me MIG delivered a few Mig-29Ks to India so far I can't find anything at about it. Was wondering if anybody heard any rumors on this? I think he's miss informed India's press is pretty open I think this would have been released.

Last edited:
Russia's biggest problem is the capacity of their factories. They roll out at such a low rate that it's affecting their sales significantly. When they do try to speed things up, they have to sacrifice quality and things come out with defects. Then of course after sales service and support becomes another issue. That is probably why Israel, with only 7 million people and with tones of other issues to deal with, is nearly on a par with Russia in terms of defense related sales. Almost 50% taht of Russia and rising. That is the difference of quality, ability to meet production deadlines and proper support & maintenance. Russia still has a lot to learn.

The reason the production of aircraft is slow is i beleive because of the "hell years" [as i call them] from 1991-2000. Russia was financially :cen:

Russia, though it has improved a lot under Putin, could still do with a bit more money in the military sector.

This is a very good move by the Kremlin heads. They've finally learned the power of merged mega-corporations. Dark side of the force is strong with them. :smil:
Following in the footsteps of capitalizing by de-capitalizing... They finally get it! :smile:

Back