MiG-35 for Polish Air Force

HindStrike

Hey everyone I was thinking about this while looking around and I thought this would be cool. The Polish Air Force should get the new MiG-35 to complement their new F-16C Block 52+ that they just purchased. It would work because they have a large stockpile of Soviet/Russian munitions and plenty of maintinance expirience with their MiG-29s.There migs and su-22s are getting long in the tooth and need replacement. The MiG-35 has an open architecture and can be integrated with French, Israeli, Russian, and U.S avionics and weapons which are integrated MIL-STD-1553 data bus. It also has new OVT 3D TVC, OLS, and Zhuk AE aesa radar. What do you think, plausible, maybe, or not plausible.

1507294.jpg

After spending 40 years under Soviet domination Poland has strained relations with Russia.
Moreover, Poland is fully integrated into NATO, making it very unlikely.

I clicked on this expecting the old Fox Hound to be upgraded. Which would surprise me.

So the new 35s have OVT technology?

Interesting, did not think that would make it to market so soon.

After spending 40 years under Soviet domination Poland has strained relations with Russia.
Moreover, Poland is fully integrated into NATO, making it very unlikely.

Okay, I see that but why the F-16, yes its a good fighter but they could have gotten F-15E's or the even newer Silent Eagle which can carry a greater variety of weapons and has a longer range as well as a reduced RCS (on Silent Eagle).Better deal if you ask me. Could have gone for Su-35 too because now Russia is real desperate to sell them and has promised PAK-FAs to whoever buys some Su-35s. Its pretty easy to integrate western systems to Su-35 also, so you could get it to a point where you would be able to use western weapons. Would provide greater capability than the F-35s they were thinking about getting and would be pretty unique to have in NATO.

Last edited:
Because the F-16 is almost standard in the European NATO countries.

Actually, getting the right price of a combat aircraft is not easy. Sometimes, you can see very different prices for the same plane. Firstly, it depends whether you talk about off-the-shelf price or you take into account development cost.

Secondly, you have to remember that nobody buys an aircraft alone, you have to add the cost of weapons and special equipments needed to use the plane. Do not forget that each customer often asks specific equipment to be fitted, which may make the price vary.

And thirdly, you also have to buy the spares, training, logistics, simulators, etc. (and the politicians) so there is good logic in buying a plane that the others in the alliance are already using.

So off-the-shelf price is only a part of the equation. For example, a Su-35 may look cheaper than an F-16, but it burns more fuel and is harder to maintain, so an F-16 is actually much cheaper to operate. Moreover, the US provides more offset opportunities than Russia.

Well, that clears things up, I was just wondering about that. Anyways I heard the MiG-35 is being offered to Croatia in their latest tender to replace their MiG-21s and IDK but I believe it is part of a 10 billion $ weapons deal offered to Serbia by Russia which was said to include S-300PMU-2 sam systems, btr-90s, and other weapons. Can anyone confirm this?

Back