MIG 34/su34

Anything above MiG-29 and Su-27 is at worst, "there's a drawing of it somewhere," and "there's three of them in the entire air force" at best.

Anything above MiG-29 and Su-27 is at worst, "there's a drawing of it somewhere," and "there's three of them in the entire air force" at best.

The Su-34 program keeps getting shut down due to lack of funding and only ten were produced and wasting away on runways. But for the most part that's true. Ideas geared towards the export market and no money to build more than a prototype or two. The only real exception I know of are the few dozen Su-33s sitting on the deck of the Russian carrier flagship Admiral Kuznetsov.

Hmm. I'm surprised they didn't include the thrust vectoring found on the Su-37 Terminator. That thing is the most maneuverable air superiority fighter I can think of. Maybe it was too expensive?

The Su-34 program keeps getting shut down due to lack of funding and only ten were produced and wasting away on runways. But for the most part that's true. Ideas geared towards the export market and no money to build more than a prototype or two. The only real exception I know of are the few dozen Su-33s sitting on the deck of the Russian carrier flagship Admiral Kuznetsov.
I heard that Indian AF lost some Su34 because of rough training and maintenance?

I heard that Indian AF lost some Su34 because of rough training and maintenance?

How would that work? India uses Su-30MKI fighter jets from Russia. The Su-34 is like the bomber version of the Su-27/30, so I doubt that the Indians had a hard time with it..

Su-34 Platypus (Su-27IB) isn't going nowhere yet, even Russia still expected their first operational service in 2010.

But when it does, it will be one hell of a bomber. It looks like a stealth bomber, kinda. Its design is different compared to other Sukhoi designs.

Well, it's hard to tell.
It's not entirely unique in design as in the side by side seating is obviously based on the lessons learned from the Su-24 Fencer aircraft.
What are the main differences between the Su-27IB and the other Su-27s? Calling the aircraft the Su-34 is a bit ridiculous. It's obviously a modified Su-27. It would be like giving the F-15E Strike Eagle a completely different numerical designator from the F-15A.
What about it would make it absolutely superior to the F-15E Strike Eagle? If this question can't be answered, then it's just an old plane hitting the airfield several decades too late.

Apparently it's got a galley and a place to lie down and a small toilet.
Not bad!

Last edited:
Well, we dont know yet do we? Hasnt yet been engaged hasnt it? What if it ends up to own everything, and becomes the best bomber/fighter for the next millenia? Then what shall we do?

But on a serious side, I guess it will probably be more agile than the F-15 because it has conventional horizontal tail at the rear and a pair of canard foreplanes in front of the wings.

Theres more to it, however.

The agility has never really been in question.
The rest of it has.
Payload for one, and the overall electronics, avionics and software regarding situational awareness and ease and accuracy of munition delivery.

Back