Midway

I hope its better then the latest Dunkirk movie, that was an insult to those who were there.

Have you seen the two relative new movies (The Darkest Hour and Churchill) about Winston Churchill? I have only seen the latter one and the movie depicts him as being close to a mental breakdown just before the D-Day, was he close to a mental breakdown?

Have you seen the two relative new movies (The Darkest Hour and Churchill) about Winston Churchill? I have only seen the latter one and the movie depicts him as being close to a mental breakdown just before the D-Day, was he close to a mental breakdown?

I saw the movie about Churchill, I cant remember the actor who played him, but he was quite good.

I think he was close to a mental breakdown, I'm pretty sure his wife Clemy (Clementine) helped him enormously to keep him sane. In the early days of the war he was terrified of the U Boat menace, I think he was afraid Britain was going to loose the war. As far as I can remember he was relieved when the RAF, RAAF, RACF, Eagle Squadrons, Czech and Poles along with the South Africans and Rhodesians won the Battle of Britain, I think he began to realise that Britain will not fall.

Churchill in my opinion was the right man at the time, but he was also not very pleasant, he was extremely rude to his subordinates, he also campaigned to consign the National Health Service to the rubbish bin. He could be a nasty piece of work.

I saw the movie about Churchill, I cant remember the actor who played him, but he was quite good.

I think he was close to a mental breakdown, I'm pretty sure his wife Clemy (Clementine) helped him enormously to keep him sane. In the early days of the war he was terrified of the U Boat menace, I think he was afraid Britain was going to loose the war. As far as I can remember he was relieved when the RAF, RAAF, RACF, Eagle Squadrons, Czech and Poles along with the South Africans and Rhodesians won the Battle of Britain, I think he began to realise that Britain will not fall.

Churchill in my opinion was the right man at the time, but he was also not very pleasant, he was extremely rude to his subordinates, he also campaigned to consign the National Health Service to the rubbish bin. He could be a nasty piece of work.

The actor portraying Churchill in the movie Churchill is a Scottish actor (I think) he was Herman Goering in the movie the Nuremberg Trails and he was a CIA director in some of the Bourne Identity movies. He is depicting him as very rude toward the people around him and he is making Monty and Eisenhower angry at him.

Midway is a fairly good movie. You'd think they would have gotten the US insignia on the planes right.

Back