Middle-east power

Chocobo_Blitzer

Hey, I was curious as to how the middle-east nations stack up in today's battlefield. Who are the top three military nations in the middle-east?

On their own, singly, the Middle East countries by themselves and without somekind of fiery cause, they probably won't stack up too well against the US.

But if you stack them up say against a country like Sweeden, Holland, or any medium to small sized European nation, or you may even go as far as including France in the list. On a one to one basis, just those two countries alone slugging it out, the Middle East nations may do surprisingly well, even win some.

GuyontheRight said:
Israel is number 1, Eygpt number 2, Iran number 3.
Hah! You forgot Turkey! I know we tend to think of them being non-middle east and more part of Europe since they are kinda different, but they are geographically located in the Middle East.

godofthunder9010 said:
GuyontheRight said:
Hah! You forgot Turkey! I know we tend to think of them being non-middle east and more part of Europe since they are kinda different, but they are geographically located in the Middle East.

Then which place would turkey take?

Me personaly Turkey might be number 2 or 3.

Don't forget Syria, its somewhat formidable although no match for Israel.

Egypt has abrams tanks and its special forces are trained by Americans. There is a training operation which i cant remember the name right now but it consist of America, the UK, egypt, and 4 other countries I believe. Within 10-20 years they will probally be considered very western like.

GuyontheRight said:

This is totally true because in Israel service is Compulsory and it's also patriotic to serve there.

Unlike here, where some do not respect military types, At least where I'm from which is a liberal town in southern California.

Turkey isn't exactly in the middle east. It's more like Europe even though it is a muslim country.

The reason Turkey isn't actually "Europe" but it is "Middle East" is simple. Its in Asia (except a very small corner of it), not Europe. What part of Asia? The middle east of course. (If its not the Middle East, what would you call it?) That makes them a Middle East country. Consider that they have a border with Iraq, Syria and Iran. Pretty good trick for being in Europe, don't you think? Whether you consider them "a middle east" country or not, they couldn't be much better positioned to involve themselves directly in the Middle East neighborhootd. They are also predominantly Muslim. They were once at the heart of Islam. They just are not as backwards as a lot of other countries in the neighborhood. They are also a member of NATO which is probably the biggest tie to Europe.

And getting poorer, France and the USA are starting to pick up the heat to get Lahoud and his Syran cronies out of Lebanon, although, thats not looking very good considering his term was just extended.

Back