Middle-east power

--

September 3rd, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer

Topic: Middle-east power

Hey, I was curious as to how the middle-east nations stack up in today's battlefield. Who are the top three military nations in the middle-east?
September 3rd, 2004  
GuyontheRight

Israel is number 1, Eygpt number 2, Iran number 3.
September 3rd, 2004  
Jason Bourne

Iraq used to have the 4th largest army in the world a couple of years ago, but that has declined.
--
September 3rd, 2004  
gladius

On their own, singly, the Middle East countries by themselves and without somekind of fiery cause, they probably won't stack up too well against the US.

But if you stack them up say against a country like Sweeden, Holland, or any medium to small sized European nation, or you may even go as far as including France in the list. On a one to one basis, just those two countries alone slugging it out, the Middle East nations may do surprisingly well, even win some.
September 3rd, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer

Ah, I didn't know Egypt was #2 in the region! Anyone mind telling me more in-depth information on their capabilities?
September 3rd, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyontheRight
Hah! You forgot Turkey! I know we tend to think of them being non-middle east and more part of Europe since they are kinda different, but they are geographically located in the Middle East.
September 3rd, 2004  
Chocobo_Blitzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyontheRight
Hah! You forgot Turkey! I know we tend to think of them being non-middle east and more part of Europe since they are kinda different, but they are geographically located in the Middle East.
Then which place would turkey take?
September 3rd, 2004  
gladius

Me personaly Turkey might be number 2 or 3.

Don't forget Syria, its somewhat formidable although no match for Israel.
September 3rd, 2004  
godofthunder9010

Without question, Turkey is AT LEAST number 2. They are up to date, NATO equipped, well trained and solid in every category.
September 3rd, 2004  
Big_Z

Egypt has abrams tanks and its special forces are trained by Americans. There is a training operation which i cant remember the name right now but it consist of America, the UK, egypt, and 4 other countries I believe. Within 10-20 years they will probally be considered very western like.