Middle-east power

Of-course, Israeli military is best in Middle East but it has not faced any formidable enemy yet!

No no Egpy, syria and jordan all at the same time. Not even a real war.

Indeed. But that was 33 years ago! Relative military strengths may or may not have changed since then. I still wouldn't disupte Israel being on first place though. I'd put Turkey on 2nd for sure if it wasn't for their lack of modern MBTs. Germany was going to sell them Leo2s but then didn't. So they still rely on the ol' Leo1.

oRTouCH , where did you get those stats from?

Last edited:
Rabs said:
No no Egpy, syria and jordan all at the same time. Not even a real war.
Yes!

Israel has beated coalition of these 3 nations in 2 wars. The combat power of Israeli military is excellent.

Especially, its Airforce and Air Defence Network is a big challenge!

But still look at the ferocity of Iranian resistance. 8 years of damn war!

I mean! Israel would require lots of funds to fight such a long war. Although it will get assistance from US but still fighting a decade long war is too much!

FlyingFrog said:
Please note what I said: IF Israel and Iran are located on border and Israel must fight alone without USA support, then Iran would conquer Israel very soon.

Also, 1973 is 30 years ago, you can't compare a army of 30 years ago with now. If you mention the 8 years Iraq/Iran war, then at that time almost ALL world was supporting Iraq, Iran was basically alone, yet Iraq couldn't defeat Iran.

Of course Israel has better weapons than Iran has, but the marge is not that high. Just imagine an army of 70 million men's country vs a a couple of million men's country, both with reasonably well equiped armies. Israel is TOO small to defend too long time. Isael is good at offensive for a short time, but cannot last long, their resources for war are too limited (if without USA support).
Well you and I do understand the potentails of Iran in warfare but still I tend to disagree that IRAN will over-run Israel very soon!

I mean, Israel might not be able to occupy IRAN but still it cannot be over-run by Iran in short time, given the weapons superiority and fighting experience of Israelis!

This might not be even possible as given the facts that:

-> Nuclear Weapons of Israel
-> Israel has a formidable Airforce
-> This is not a Kuwait vs IRAQ contest

But what if IRAN gets Nuclear Weapons?

Anyways, then I think that forget about war, even a small skirmish will not be possible between these two nations!

Last edited:
On the whole "Is Turkey in the middle east" issue:

Geographically, Turkey is as much a part of the middle east as Egypt is a part of Africa, because most of Turkey is in the Asian continent, while most of Egypt is on the African continent.

A tiny fraction of Turkey is on the European continent while a tiny fraction of Egypt is on the Asian continent. So this should settle that.

Military expenditures - dollar figure 2003
Data source: 2003 CIA World Factbook

1 United States $ 276,700,000,000
2 China $ 55,910,000,000
3 France $ 46,500,000,000
4 Japan $ 39,520,000,000
5 Germany $ 38,800,000,000
6 United Kingdom $ 31,700,000,000
7 Italy $ 20,200,000,000
8 Saudi Arabia $ 18,300,000,000
9 Brazil $ 13,408,000,000
10 Korea, South $ 13,094,300,000
11 India $ 11,520,000,000
12 Australia $ 11,390,000,000
13 Iran $ 9,700,000,000
14 Israel $ 8,970,000,000
15 Spain $ 8,600,000,000
16 Turkey $ 8,100,000,000
17 Canada $ 7,861,000,000
18 Taiwan $ 7,574,000,000
19 Netherlands $ 6,500,000,000
20 Greece $ 6,120,000,000
21 Korea, North $ 5,217,400,000
22 Singapore $ 4,470,000,000
23 Sweden $ 4,395,000,000
24 Argentina $ 4,300,000,000
25 Egypt $ 4,040,000,000

This is an unreliable source because half of these countries spending has gone up, for example USA,UK,China,Canada,Iran and so on.

CanadianCombat said:
This is an unreliable source because half of these countries spending has gone up, for example USA,UK,China,Canada,Iran and so on.

Yeah, and Russia isn't even on the list!!!:drill:

oRTouCH said:
You are rite man.. These informations are old... sorry to have posted you that old informations...

When I said "where did you get your stats from", I didn't mean "your stats suck", I actually wanted to know :D

Because in all honesty, I think you've posted them in a way that is a bit awkward to read and was hoping that your source had them in an easier layout. :)

no doubt Israel is at the first place,i mean come on u cant put under-tranied men against some of the best fighting brigades and tank crews in the world.
now even if we take it to the balistic missiles Israel takes to full cake even in the Global scale the Jericho Missiles are far better than any missiles the arabs have.even the Shehab-3.
Air-Force-do I really have to say anything about the Air supiriority of Israel to the other countries?
MenPower-now thios is where trouble lies-Israel dosent have many soldiers to fight a vast and an open war,but we have already seen that,all-most in all wars Israel was outnumbered even 1-10!!
Ambition-come on these guys have almost the entire world,we only have this little piece of desert,men will fight very hard to keep it safe,and keep the lives of thier families(whaich in the case of lose will be,how to put this,put to death)
yet again we are mere Human and wars have many suprisors in them

Whats with the grave digging?!

As for the guy who mentioned Jordan....The Jordanian military is a fine fine organization. Their pilots and tank crews are very good. But Jordan is a small and poor country with a small military. They have very few offensive units and they cant possibly go offensive with out an allie. This is why Jordan is oh so friendly with everyone they can be friendly with. If Jordan is attacked by Syria Israel will smash the Syrian army to bits. In september 1970 the Jordanian army was happily smashing the PLO to bits when the Syrians wanted to go and help the Palestinians. Israel raised its alert and was prepeared to attack Syria. The Syrians stepped down.

On the other hand If Israel was to attack Jordan, I am sure Egypt and Syria would help the Jordanians. If the Saudis attacked Jordan the Egyptians and Israel would help Jordan. The Jordanians know full well they cant stand up to any of their neigbours alone. But they dont have to, because no one will stand aside and see that happen.

Back