the Middle East Conflict: Which side is the agressor?

There is one main problem I have with your arguments xman. You have not condemned the Palestinians for what they have done. You are following the footsteps of the UN and the Arab League of Nations.

Do I disagree with some of the things that Israel has done? You bet I do. I think the security wall is a very bad idea, Israel needs to halt all settlements in the West Bank and Gaza strip as directed in the road map for peace, and I do not paticularly agree with the bulldozing of Palestinian homes.

On the other side, the Palestinians are far from honorable. In a war, you fight the government and its army, not the citizens. Those bus bombings that the Palestinian militant groups love ever so much are quite illegal according to the laws of war. Israel has every right to be pi$$ed off because of those bombings. I remember that there were 2 times in the last few years when Israel started to pull out of the West Bank. The government said as long as there are no attacks, the pull outs would continue. Then a few men with TNT strapped to their bodies blow themselves up at a cafe, market or in a bus. Then Israel sends all her troops back in. May I ask who is at fault?

You represent one reason why there is no peace in Israel, Ignorance to all the facts. Both sides have done some pretty bad things. If each side would admit its own problems, then there might be some gains made. Instead, you just keep pointing the finger at the Zionists, Jews, and the Jewish Press that control the world.

The Palestinians want their own country and the Israel wants to live without terrorism. I GUARANTEE you that if both sides agree to a 6 month ceasefire and NO Palestinian goes and blows him or her self up durring that time, good things will happen.

BTW, stop telling us that we get our news from the Jewish Press. First off, this is quite offensive. Secondly, I read news from all over. I have realized that I must read the news from both sides. Each side tends to spin the news in their favor. Then I decide what to believe. I do not think that Aljazeera falls under your Jewish Press.

Doody wrote:
Do I disagree with some of the things that Israel has done? You bet I do.

So do I. I dont agree with every action taken by every Israeli gov on this matter.

I think the security wall is a very bad idea, Israel needs to halt all settlements in the West Bank and Gaza strip as directed in the road map for peace, and I do not paticularly agree with the bulldozing of Palestinian homes.

Why do you think the wall is a bad idea? It stopped terror insertions from every area it was built in....I agree that we must cease the building in the settelments. This is not so simple to do...But we MUST do it. Not because of the "roadmap", but because it is a pointless provocation. As to the bulldozing...In some situations, when Palestinian militia operates from civilian buildings, it is tactically impossible not to remove them. I do how ever disagree with doing it when unnessesary.

I am not trying to flame but this question is comparable to "Is the cup half empty or half full?"

This topic can not be understood by westerners, to us it keeps quite simple, just stop fighting, but it is so much more than that, we are just unable to understand the conflict. I would say the Arabs are the aggressors but that is just going back to 1948, to really understand it you have to go back to 2000 BC, maybe further.

Is the cup half empty or half full

No its not. There are objective facts here, if one chooses to search.

to really understand it you have to go back to 2000 BC, maybe further.

Not really...The conflict is but 100-130 years old. There were no Muslims 2000 years ago....And there were no arabs in Israel/Palestine than either....

SHERMAN said:
Why do you think the wall is a bad idea? It stopped terror insertions from every area it was built in....I agree that we must cease the building in the settelments. This is not so simple to do...But we MUST do it. Not because of the "roadmap", but because it is a pointless provocation. As to the bulldozing...In some situations, when Palestinian militia operates from civilian buildings, it is tactically impossible not to remove them. I do how ever disagree with doing it when unnessesary.

The wall is a good idea but there are problems with it. The wall runs right through the middle of a couple cities. I watched with amusement as a reporter for discovery times climbed over a section to go interview a Palestinian leader. The wall could have been placed in such a way that the cities are not split in 2. Also the wall reaches quite deep into some parts of the west bank. I thought it was a barrier between Israel and the West Bank.

The Palestinian/Israeli conflict goes back to the days of the Old Testament. That is over 3,000 years old. This has become more that just a qustion of right or wrong, aggressor or defender, it has been going on for millenia, like I said before, Westerners are unable to comprehend the situation.

The Palestinian/Israeli conflict goes back to the days of the Old Testament. That is over 3,000 years old. This has become more that just a qustion of right or wrong, aggressor or defender, it has been going on for millenia, like I said before, Westerners are unable to comprehend the situation.

What are you talking about? There were no palestinians 3000 years ago...There were no Muslims 3000 years ago... I am not a "westerner"(at least by your measure), Im an Israeli...

But the public view in the world is that Israel is the aggressor.

It is also not for nothing the the anti-Jews sentiment is growing fast in Europe again.

It is also not for nothing the the anti-Jews sentiment is growing fast in Europe again.

Really, tell us than, why is it?

Really, tell us than, why is it?

It is true. The true Europeans think so too, let alone the Muslim population is getting bigger and bigger in Europe.

They have been many attacks to Jews in news reports, including the graves.

I did not question the fact that anti-semetisem is on the rise, I asked why....The ansawer is not too obvious to me...Oh well, thats an off-toppic...But there were anti-semites in Euorope much before there was an Arab-Israeli conflict.

FlyingFrog said:

OR......

That is the public view in China, in America the arabic states are the agressors, the UN divided Palestine into a Jewish section (Israel) and the Palestinian section (Jordan? West Bank? I thought Jordan was part of British controlled Palestine, why didn't that become the Palestinian state?)

Perhaps the UN should have approached the Palestinians and Arabs with their plan to create a Jewish state and let them have an active role in it's creation, instead of just saying "This is how it's gonna be, if you don't like it to bad."

I don't know, I have always considered the Arabs the aggressors, but then again that is because Israel was attacked by 6 Arab countries the day it declared it's Independence, seems to me like a clear act of aggression.

Jordan? West Bank? I thought Jordan was part of British controlled Palestine, why didn't that become the Palestinian state

Not really...It was given to the Hashem family as reward for their support of the brits...

SHERMAN said:
Jordan? West Bank? I thought Jordan was part of British controlled Palestine, why didn't that become the Palestinian state

Not really...It was given to the Hashem family as reward for their support of the brits...

I see, was Lebanon part of the British Mandate of Palestine then or the Frence Mandate?

Well,not too many Jews leave there...By the way Flyingfrog is correct. My father said the Chinese were extremely nice to him when he was there...

Lebanon was under French rule.

SHERMAN said:
Well,not too many Jews leave there...By the way Flyingfrog is correct. My father said the Chinese were extremely nice to him when he was there...

Lebanon was under French rule.

A Chinese ambassador in Gemany issued 3000 visa's to Jews in Germany there and they all went to China before/during the war, and this Chinese was rewarded by Israeli government few years ago (although he was already dead long time ago).

Back