Microsoft Eyes Yahoo to Topple Google

Team Infidel

Forum Spin Doctor
Microsoft Eyes Yahoo to Topple Google photo
SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - Unable to topple Google Inc. on its own, Microsoft Corp. is trying to force crippled rival Yahoo Inc. into a shotgun marriage, with a wager worth nearly $42 billion that the two companies together will have a better chance of tackling the Internet search leader. Microsoft's...

Microsoft will have to improve their image to even get a foot in the door with me. I only use their products under sufferance.

No doubt they will, I would imagine that the Yahoo name is why they bought the company, to divert people's attention from the Microsoft name which suffers from a poor image problem.

I would like to see them slim down to the basics, and focus on their OS, before wasting resources on other things.

i think the public wants a good product that changes as they do.. once they crack that code, they will be successful

well the combo of msn and yahoo may give google a run for their money

Except then MSNBCYahoo! would have to get rid of their "corporate bad guys" moniker to be able to compete with Google, the darling child of the dotcom revolution. Google and YouTube are modern day rags to riches stories, Microsoft is the Evil Empire and Yahoo! is the retarded cousin. The reason so many people like YouTube and Google is the almost total lack of advertising, look at Google's mainpage, all it has is Google in multi-colored, Olympicesque letters and the search bar, that's it. Live Search or whatever MSN calls it had Microsoft's finger prints all over the place.

Back