Microprocessor Challenge to Intel Launched (AP)

--

February 8th, 2005  
News Manager

Topic: Microprocessor Challenge to Intel Launched (AP)

AP - Setting up a battle for the future of computing, engineers from IBM, Sony and Toshiba unveiled details Monday of a microprocessor they claim has the muscle of a supercomputer and can power everything from video game consoles to business computers.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&u=/ap/20050208/ap_on_hi_te/cell_processor]Read more...[/url]
February 8th, 2005  
Charge 7

That chip is going to be made here in Vermont at the IBM plant in Essex. I know some of the people involved. It's going to be revolutionary.
February 8th, 2005  
Redleg

Cool..

100 MilBucks if you can get me one of those..
--
February 9th, 2005  
Charge 7

Sheesh! Doody sends you $500 and becomes a mod - I'm supposed to send you an unreleased new age cpu chip and all I get is 100 milbucks! :P
February 9th, 2005  
Redleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charge_7
Sheesh! Doody sends you $500 and becomes a mod - I'm supposed to send you an unreleased new age cpu chip and all I get is 100 milbucks! :P
Hmm..
How about you send me that chip + $500, and I wont ban you??
(just kidding... maybe.... )
February 9th, 2005  
Joe252

LMAO...(call him master red he likes that)
February 9th, 2005  
Charge 7

Redleg,

Is that any way to treat a fellow artilleryman? :P

Joe,

Heck, I may wind up calling him "sir" if a certain change in my military status happens as it is looking very like to.
February 10th, 2005  
Joe252

lol
February 10th, 2005  
Redleg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charge_7
Heck, I may wind up calling him "sir" if a certain change in my military status happens as it is looking very like to.
Sir Red the Hard but Fair!
February 10th, 2005  
Charge 7

Or is that "... the hardly fair" ? :P