Michelle: Barak's home Country is Kenya

Still beating this dead horse aren't we? Give it a rest.

This is why I don't vote Republican. No plan, no ideas, no future. Just bitterness and a side order of being out of their minds. Get it through your head, Obama is an American and you lost the election. Move on already.

Just like my home country is Ireland. *rolls eyes* Give me a friggin' break.

This is why I don't vote Republican. No plan, no ideas, no future. Just bitterness and a side order of being out of their minds. Get it through your head, Obama is an American and you lost the election. Move on already.
My people came from Scotland, but I wouldn't refer to it as my Home Country. Personally I think where Mom was a Citizen, Obama is too regardless of where he was born. Others disagree & Obama has seem to have put a lot of time & money intro obfuscation. Apparently one college record shows himattending as a foriegn student & how his education was payed for goes unanswered.

My people came from Scotland, but I wouldn't refer to it as my Home Country. Personally I think where Mom was a Citizen, Obama is too regardless of where he was born. Others disagree & Obama has seem to have put a lot of time & money intro obfuscation. Apparently one college record shows himattending as a foriegn student & how his education was payed for goes unanswered.
Anyone can write up bull$h!t papers if they have access to photoshop.

Perhaps he was trying to rebuild the shattered image of the US abroad? In many foreign countries it is considered to be polite when you speak some words of the country you are visiting. Calling it your home country would sow a lot of good will, which in turn, is a good thing when you try to expand your horizon instead of narrowing it...

Just like my home country is Ireland. *rolls eyes* Give me a friggin' break.

Your from Ireland,? All this time I thought you were from Mars? LOL

Perhaps he was trying to rebuild the shattered image of the US abroad? In many foreign countries it is considered to be polite when you speak some words of the country you are visiting. Calling it your home country would sow a lot of good will, which in turn, is a good thing when you try to expand your horizon instead of narrowing it...

Personally I wish that guy would do good for America first, THEN worry about what other countries think about him. Instead of allowing congress to destroy this country.

Your from Ireland,? All this time I thought you were from Mars? LOL

Personally I wish that guy would do good for America first, THEN worry about what other countries think about him. Instead of allowing congress to destroy this country.

No, I am the one from Mars...a MARSHIAN. :mrgreen:

I agree that taking care of America is his most important job, but maintaining good relations is very important too. His predecessor did a fantastic job pissing the world off and we paid a severe price for it. After 2004 when Bush realized that he needed the worlds help after all he got in response was one big "FU too" one country after another. And don't blame the other countries, that was entirely his own doing.

So history has shown thats its much better to show alittle humilty than act like an arrogant jerk.

Yeah, I think the bowing and gesture of humility does much to help America's image and also in getting some work done abroad.
When the President of the United States meets the Emperor of Japan, there is no doubt that America is the more powerful country and that the President of the United States wields much more power. A simple gesture like a bow will help ease tensions and make the other party more receptive towards what America needs to say.
If you walz in and act like a jerk, they'll see what they can do to give you a hard time. People are just like that. Then you go back home and b1tch and moan about how foreign cultures suck and how much they prevent work from being done.

Right now, America needs all the help it can get in foreign relations. Which Bush did a masterfully, indeed, almost impossibly bad job of wrecking. We were once liked or at least grudgingly respected the world over, now we're the butt of countless jokes and are given lukewarm receptions at best with nations that once considered us friends and outright loathed by others.

I seem to remember the Dems trumpeting about how the Republicans stole the election from Algore.
I also seem to remember the Dems castigating President Bush. Blaming everything on him. I still think the Dems are trying to blame a lot of stuff on him.
I honestly believe that if PBO was born in a foreign country, Hillary would have taken care of that during the campaign. Birthers are desperately grasping at straws.
I DO question FLOTUS' comments. Shouldn;t our President be an American first? It appears to me that our esteemed President aspired to be the most powerful man in the world, and now he is ashamed that he has to be an American.

Right now, America needs all the help it can get in foreign relations. Which Bush did a masterfully, indeed, almost impossibly bad job of wrecking. We were once liked or at least grudgingly respected the world over, now we're the butt of countless jokes and are given lukewarm receptions at best with nations that once considered us friends and outright loathed by others.

Why?
Should not America consider it's own interests first and foremost?
Hate to say this but countries would respect us more if we were consistent in our foreign policy. We waffle way too much worrying about offending some countries, then all we succeed in doing is alienating everyone.
Maybe we should stop giving money to everyone. See how much we are hated then.

I seem to remember the Dems trumpeting about how the Republicans stole the election from Algore.
I also seem to remember the Dems castigating President Bush. Blaming everything on him. I still think the Dems are trying to blame a lot of stuff on him.
I honestly believe that if PBO was born in a foreign country, Hillary would have taken care of that during the campaign. Birthers are desperately grasping at straws.
I DO question FLOTUS' comments. Shouldn;t our President be an American first? It appears to me that our esteemed President aspired to be the most powerful man in the world, and now he is ashamed that he has to be an American.

Except there was a difference. There was actually proof for all of that. Voter fraud (wrong election info given to blacks), voter suppression (deleting legal people from voter rolls), miscounted ballots, lost ballots that were miraculously found afterwards, etc. As for blaming Bush...who got us into Iraq? who creating the massive deficits? who spied on citizens without a warrant?, etc... If we cannot blame Bush then whose fault was it? The Ghost of James Buchanan? I rest my case.

Then you have the birthers who have offered no proof whatsoever. Only badly forged documents (my favorite was the Kenyan birth certificate with a state seal dating from a year that Kenya didn't even exist as a independent country), statements taken completely out of context without any proof, and a complete denial of any real evidence like BO authentic birth certificate which WAS provided. These people live in a fantasy, they aren't interested in reality. If you had a video of BO actual birth in Hawaii with him wearing a hula as a diaper they still wouldn't believe it.

And finally, If there was the slightest truth to BO eligibility don't you think Hillary Clinton's people would have found it during the 2008 primaries? If a person as ambitious as Hillary couldn't find the goods on Obama with her near-infinite resources, then its safe to say that a small radical group of sore losers won't either.

Obama is the President, this issue is dead, lets move on.

Last edited:
Except there was a difference. There was actually proof for all of that. Voter fraud (wrong election info given to blacks), voter suppression (deleting legal people from voter rolls), miscounted ballots, lost ballots that were miraculously found afterwards, etc.
All conveniently provided by ACORN I'm sure.
How about the Dems trying to throw out absentee ballots from the military? Military mail does not use a postmark so the Dems said they were not valid and tried to get them thrown out.

As for blaming Bush...who got us into Iraq? who creating the massive deficits? who spied on citizens without a warrant?, etc... If we cannot blame Bush then whose fault was it? The Ghost of James Buchanan? I rest my case.

How about a democratic congress. They have the option of not funding operations. If they REALLY felt that it was wrong, don't pay for it. Congresss DOES control the purse strings. I actually respect BO beacuse he voted against the war and stood by his guns. He was the only one IIRC to vote against funding the war. At least HE had integrity.
If you want to talk about deficits, how about TARP and all it has done to increase the deficit.
If you want to talk about spying. Refer to the Patriot Act. If anyone has violated that then prosecute them.
As far as assigning blame... Place the blame where it is due, not on the most convenient figure (i.e. President Bush). Don't get me wrong. I take issue with a lot of things that happened while he was president, however, I prefer to examine the evidence and make my own decision.

Then you have the birthers who have offered no proof whatsoever. Only badly forged documents (my favorite was the Kenyan birth certificate with a state seal dating from a year that Kenya didn't even exist as a independent country), statements taken completely out of context without any proof, and a complete denial of any real evidence like BO authentic birth certificate which WAS provided. These people live in a fantasy, they aren't interested in reality. If you had a video of BO actual birth in Hawaii with him wearing a hula as a diaper they still wouldn't believe it.

And finally, If there was the slightest truth to BO eligibility don't you think Hillary Clinton's people would have found it during the 2008 primaries? If a person as ambitious as Hillary couldn't find the goods on Obama with her near-infinite resources, then its safe to say that a small radical group of sore losers won't either.
I think we can agree that the birthers argument is moot at this point.

Obama is the President, this issue is dead, lets move on.

I thought we were talking about what his wife said. While she is allowed to speak her mind, I fear that given the history that the president has with the country (Kenya), it was not the best choice of words.

Hokie, most respectable countries try to have good relations with one another.
It's not like they're crazy about it either but apparently it's quite necessary.

Like I said, when the President of the United States meets just about any other leader in the world, it's obvious that the President of the United States is the more powerful person and is in charge of the more powerful country. You can
a) Walz in, act like John Wayne and piss off everyone, making them silently wish you were dead.
b) Show some humility so that they will actually lend you an ear.
Every time America pisses off the rest of the world, anti-American elements just get stronger and stronger overseas. Push this too far and you'll find America standing very much alone on perhaps just about everything. And in the real world there is nothing romantic about standing alone. You die.
So it is in America's best interest to keep relations with foreign countries (who are increasingly becoming more and more powerful and therefore more and more relevant) on a positive side. Make them WANT to be your friend.

Hokie, most respectable countries try to have good relations with one another.
It's not like they're crazy about it either but apparently it's quite necessary.

Like I said, when the President of the United States meets just about any other leader in the world, it's obvious that the President of the United States is the more powerful person and is in charge of the more powerful country. You can
a) Walz in, act like John Wayne and piss off everyone, making them silently wish you were dead.
b) Show some humility so that they will actually lend you an ear.
Every time America pisses off the rest of the world, anti-American elements just get stronger and stronger overseas. Push this too far and you'll find America standing very much alone on perhaps just about everything. And in the real world there is nothing romantic about standing alone. You die.
So it is in America's best interest to keep relations with foreign countries (who are increasingly becoming more and more powerful and therefore more and more relevant) on a positive side. Make them WANT to be your friend.
I agree with you absolutely. However, I refer you to the comment I made earlier about consistency in our foreign policy. It is my feeling that if we were more consistent in our dealings with other countries, we would have much better relations with all countries.
Finally, I do not think that the President should continue to apologize to everyone for everything. This goes back to the consistency issue. We all make mistakes. Admit them, correct them and move on. Quit going back to them.
If we are honest in our dealings that is well and good. How then should we act when other countires are not?

Use it as America's moral high ground.
As for consistancy, this is an issue. Especially with regards to the missile defense agreement that was going on with Poland. How would any country know if the US will stand by them or not when there is a change in leadership?

Use it as America's moral high ground.
As for consistancy, this is an issue. Especially with regards to the missile defense agreement that was going on with Poland. How would any country know if the US will stand by them or not when there is a change in leadership?

An excellent example BTW. I do not know. Maybe the answer is consistency between administrations. America is expected to always to the right thing, even when it may not be in our best interests. One reason that we had so much trouble in Iraq initially was because we let the insurgents win the information war. They were mortaring our FOB's from the courtyard of a mosque. We destroy the mosque to stop it and the insurgents post edited footage of us destroying the mosque. We have gotten much better about IW (Information Warfare) than we were, but it is something you have to work on all the time.

Back