Michelle: Barak's home Country is Kenya

Obama was in the US Senate less than 2 yrs when he decided he was qualified to be Prez, but Palin has more admin Ex. than Obama, Biden & McCain added together. I'm not a birther, just having fun poking at the issue. There was a brief controversy about McCain, untill it was pointed out both parents were Citizens.

How can you honestly say that with a straight face, George? The facts speak for themselves. Obama quickly climbed up the political ladder, Palin thought the ladder too difficult and jumped off it. Its that simple.

She not a governor, shes a half-governor. Professional People with experience people don't cut and run at the first sign of job stress. She simply a Quitter. If she had finished her term and decided not to run again thats fine. But she gave up before even reaching the halfway mark which proves that she was in WAY over her head as Governor and has no business in DC.

Last edited:
How can you honestly say that with a straight face, George? The facts speak for themselves. Obama quickly climbed up the political ladder, Palin thought the ladder too difficult and jumped off it. Its that simple.

She not a governor, shes a half-governor. Professional People with experience people don't cut and run at the first sign of job stress. She simply a Quitter. If she had finished her term and decided not to run again thats fine. But she gave up before even reaching the halfway mark which proves that she was in WAY over her head as Governor and has no business in DC.

I think the reason she resigned was a good one. She specifically cited the $300,000 that the state of Alaska, in addition to the $500,000 of her own money that has been spent on erroneous ethics claims files by activists in the state. Of the 15 investigations, 13 were closed with no findings of wrongdoing. 1 is still open and on one she agreed to pay $8,100 back to the state for costs associated with travelling with her children.
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dy...03/AR2009070301738_2.html?sid=ST2009070301770
NOW THAT IS EFFICIENCY. SPEND $300,000 to recover $8,100
It was the samestory with the gun manufacturers. Litigate until they can no longer afford to defend themselves. She decided to do the honorable thing and save the taxpayers of Alaska the further costs of litigation.

I do have a serious question though.

Why is it that Obama says his kids are off limits and everyone complies. Yet Letterman can make pretty bad comments about Palin's daughter and no one seems to care. Not to mention the ridicule from t he media about her child who has Down's Syndrome. That's BS.

Back to my original point. She was governor of a state, responsible to the voters, with a huge budget. He has not been in a serious leadership position, until his election. IMHO not the best stime to learn on the job.

You're overlooking the fact that Dems were filing all sorts of frivilous suits against her, all dismissed as far as I know, but the money was coming out of her pocket & she was heading for bankruptcy. We all complain about the rich running everything, yet we see where the Dems apparently used the fact that she wasn't "of means" as a weopan against her. Was dissapointed that she bailed, but would you hjave hung in there to the point of insolvency?

HokieMsG

The people that filed ethics claims against her were all Conservative Republicans. Remember this is Alaska, its not exactly a bastion of liberalism or the DNC. That should tell you something when her enemies are mainly the people who are supposed to be on her side.

Cost of a legal defense? I have never heard of a governor resigning because she cannot afford legal defense. Its exactly why parties use PACS. That's was simply a lame BS excuse she put out. If the rumors are to be believed, she resigned because she was implicated in something serious and wanted to avoid a scandal that might jeopardize her future career. She also obviously realized how much a person can make on a speaking tour as opposed to her salary as governor.

She obviously did something to piss so many of her friends off and the troopergate affair showed a real nasty and vindictive streak. She denied everything but phone records don't lie and the Ethics board (made up of republicans) skewered her for her abuse of office. Her nickname in Alaska is "Sarah-Barricuda", probably for a good reason. She has a reputation of being a really, really, vicious lady. Just listen to the people who ran the McCain campaign, the staffers absolutely hated her. Once the election was over, some of them all settled old scores with her in the press.

About Letterman, I remember the Bristol Palin joke. I also remember that EVERYONE cared including Letterman as the was in the news for about a week. Incidentally most Liberals I know thought it was out of bounds. I don't remember the media laughing at Trip Palin (the one with down-syndrome) if they did then they are some sick f***s.

For the record, I thought Letterman's joke WAS in poor taste just like Rush Limbaugh joke about Chelsea (who was 13) being as ugly as a dog in the 1990s was equally in bad taste. Strangely nobody on the right dared criticize Saint Rush did they? It took Rush 11 years to apologize for that joke (sort of), it took Letterman the next evening which he did, ON LIVE TV. Who was classier?

I am not saying the Dems are always saints, but it terms of mean-spirited nasty personal attacks nobody beats the GOP. Nobody. It was Karl Roves specialty, he made it into art during the Bush years. In 2000 He manufactured the rumor that John McCain had fathered a illegitimate black baby for the SC primary. The truth was McCain had adopted a baby girl from Bangladesh.

Playing into voters innate racism to disparage an opponent and another republican. I can tell you if that fat pig made a comment like that about about my family, screw the election, the crops would have needed a crowbar to pry my fingers off Rove's throat.

I never understood why McCain let that one pass.

George

Check Again, as I already stated above, It wasn't the Dems it was the GOP. Alaska is a state redder than Kansas, there are very few democrats there. She got implicated by her own party for allegations of abuse of power (and other ethics violations) that were most likely true. Only the guilty resign as fast as she did.

Last edited:
I think it's just a gesture of affection. Just like when a mother calls her child an "African Prince" just because his ancestors came from Africa as slaves a few hundred years earlier. Probably just an affectionate gesture, and maybe a clever lure for Republicans to babble on about their birther conspiracy theories.

mmarsh
Do you think that she should have stayed in office and continued to waste Alaskans money to defend her?
I can only find one reference to either an ethics violation or a civil suit that has ruled against her. She paid back the $8,100 for using state resources to travel with her children.
In the end the libs got what you wanted. Palin is out of office.

mmarsh
Do you think that she should have stayed in office and continued to waste Alaskans money to defend her?
I can only find one reference to either an ethics violation or a civil suit that has ruled against her. She paid back the $8,100 for using state resources to travel with her children.
In the end the libs got what you wanted. Palin is out of office.

Your question cannot be answered because its illegal for a active politician to use taxpayer money for a personal legal defense. As I said, all political parties have PACs (political action committees) or even party money to deal with that sort of thing. Nor have I ever heard of a high-level politician who actually went broke defending himself from allegations (again the PACs foot the bills).

Let me tell you something, most politicians are power-mad, self absorbed people, including the good ones. There is no way Palin would have voluntarily left office so early unless it was entirely in her own best interest to do so. So her story about wanting to protect Alaskans...100% high quality BS.

She quit because like NY Governor Elliot Spitzer, she made a lot of enemies within her own party and they caught her in something. (One rumor I heard was that she was giving "help" to the oil company to which her husband works for and Alaskan politics is notorious for corruption). Whatever the reason, her resignation was career damage control.

As for liberals being glad shes out...not exactly. As I said, Alaska isnt exactly known for its liberal views, there are more Polar Bears than liberals in Alaska. So most liberals don't give a rats ass what goes on in other states local politics. Whatever Governor comes next, the Liberals wont like him/her so it matters little to them who is governor in such a far right-wing state.
Nobody on the East Coast cares about what goes on in local Alaska politics

One accusation the liberals made during the 2008 election was that Palin was a lightweight with no experience, whose big nasty mouth didn't match her intellect not her ability to govern. Palin's inability to complete even half her term proved them right about that, so on that score they were probably enjoying some Schadenfreude.

Last edited:
Maybe she has more ethics that you give her credit for. Maybe she was defending the civil suits with her own money and did not want to take money (We all know EVERY other politician would) from the PAC's so she wouldn't be beholden to them.

I guess I could what if your arguments all day. Is there some skeleton in her closet? Maybe... Likely... Only time will tell.

mmarsh said:
Let me tell you something, most politicians are power-mad, self absorbed people, including the good ones. There is no way Palin would have voluntarily left office so early unless it was entirely in her own best interest to do so. So her story about wanting to protect Alaskans...100% high quality BS.

You said MOST not ALL. Maybe she is one of the few NOT included in your generalization above.

Either way. I stick by my original statement that Palin is more qualified to run the country than Obama. (At the time of the election).

Palin? Ethics? Now that's funny.
I don't believe even the cleanest of politicians have very good ethics, but her? Now that's a joke.

Palin? Ethics? Now that's funny.
I don't believe even the cleanest of politicians have very good ethics, but her? Now that's a joke.

eth·ics

   /ˈɛθ
thinsp.png
ɪks
/ Show Spelled[eth-iks] Show IPA
–plural noun 1. (used with a singular or plural verb
thinsp.png
) a system of moral principles: the ethics of a culture.
2. the rules of conduct recognized in respect to a particular class of human actions or a particular group, culture, etc.: medical ethics; Christian ethics.
3. moral principles, as of an individual: His ethics forbade betrayal of a confidence.
4. (usually used with a singular verb
thinsp.png
) that branch of philosophy dealing with values relating to human conduct, with respect to the rightness and wrongness of certain actions and to the goodness and badness of the motives and ends of such actions.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/ethics

You might say that since ALL politicans act the same, they are ethical.

However. I will agree in the majority that most politicans are unethical. As the the particular case of Sarah Palin, I disagree and point out that Chicago politics are significantly more corrupt than any other. I guess what I am trying to say is that when referring to politicans and corruption, we are dealing with degrees of corruption and IMHO, Palin is less corrupt than Obama.

Back