Michael Jackson Steps In It

bulldogg

Milforum's Bouncer
http://entertainment.news.com.au/story/0,10221,17359595-7484,00.html

MICHAEL Jackson has been ordered to apologise to America's Jewish community after allegedly branding them "leeches".

In a recorded call from 2003, aired by US TV network ABC this week, the eccentric singer is alleged to be heard saying Jewish members of the music industry had conspired against him to wreck his career.
On the tape - a recorded message for former adviser, Dieter Wiesner - Jackson says: "They suck them (stars) like leeches. ... They start out the most popular person in the world, make a lot of money, big house, cars and everything and end up penniless.

"It's a conspiracy. The Jews do it on purpose."

The Billie Jean singer's alleged comments have outraged America's large Jewish population and now the Anti-Defamation League (ADL) have demanded Jackson make a public apology.

ADL director Abraham H. Foxman slammed the pop star in a statement, saying: "Michael Jackson has an anti-Semitic streak.

"It seems every time he has a problem in his life, he blames it on Jews." It is not the first time Jackson, who is currently living in Bahrain, has offended Jews.
The singer infuriated Jewish groups in 1995 when his song They Don't Care About Us included the lyrics: "Jew me, sue me, everybody do me, kick me, kike me."

At the time, Jackson apologised, claiming the lyrics were supposed to demonstrate the hatefulness of racism and anti-Semitism and later altered the line.

The star's spokeswoman Raymone K. Bain said yesterday the singer had no comment to make on the current allegations

Back