Mexican Troops Cross Border, Hold Border Agent

....umm......okay......the Custom Inspectors only carries the handguns, I didn't see any M4 or M16 with them in Eagle Pass or Laredo.

In Nuevo Laredo, Mexico; you'll see Mexican soldiers with full combat gears, a couple of light armor tanks, and humvees with 50 cals or grenade launchers.

....umm......okay......the Custom Inspectors only carries the handguns, I didn't see any M4 or M16 with them in Eagle Pass or Laredo.

In Nuevo Laredo, Mexico; you'll see Mexican soldiers with full combat gears, a couple of light armor tanks, and humvees with 50 cals or grenade launchers.

Negative........that's cuz N.Laredo and Eagle P. are both small crossings....now in El Paso, that's a freakin diffrent story....dont you all watch the news???? lol.........

Negative........that's cuz N.Laredo and Eagle P. are both small crossings....now in El Paso, that's a freakin diffrent story....dont you all watch the news???? lol.........

I went to Nuevo Laredo in June, there is a battalion of Mexican Army in my own eyes but I didn't see any single Mexican soldier in Piedras Negras even though they have a small base. ;)

Last edited:
Fox there is more available at a port of entry than what you see the CBP Inspector at the booth or secondary packing on their hip.

There is alot of Mexican Military in Nuevo Laredo because its off the chain for cartel violence but it's still running second to Juarez and maybe third to Nogales . What Mexico has done since they got a new President is adddress the border violence issue in the areas where its intense. Juarez, Nuevo Laredo, Matamoros, Reynosa. These areas have also historically been Plazas for the cartels. Piedras Negras, Agua prieta are pretty much bumpkinville in the border economy of smuggling both dope and humans.

Eagle Pass and Del Rio both benefit from being remote in a way. BP has better Electronic Measures there because they were remote and understaffed for a long time.

I didn't see any single Mexican soldier in Piedras Negras even though they have a small base. ;)

That's cuz, they're all in Juarez..."haciendo desmadres", hehehehe...no really, its not funny....but they' aint doin' ****....

Well seeing as Calderon is the first Mexican President in a helluva a long time who hasn't just turned a blind eye to the Cartels and ceeded the border zone to them, it's a start. As entrenched as the cartels are any enforcement measure won't show results over night

Well seeing as Calderon is the first Mexican President in a helluva a long time who hasn't just turned a blind eye to the Cartels and ceeded the border zone to them, it's a start. As entrenched as the cartels are any enforcement measure won't show results over night

Still,..the news here every night dosent even revolve on el paso news anymore...its all about he massive killings in juarez....on a daily basis theres bout 30 deaths....crazy huh???? so why so many killings if calderon seems to have a handle on this?????

He doesn't have a handle on it yet, but at least he's giving it a shot which is more than Fox did.

The Cartels have controlled Juarez and the other Paza cities for at least 25 years with very little outside interference from the DF, unless it was to get the mordida. Remember Kiki Camarena in the 80's and all the federal officals in the DF involved in covering up his murder?

The corruption is ingrained it'll take time to sort out the players.

As I've been told by my best friend, when he and his wife went to the US Consulate in Juarez, he said there is a several of the Mexican platoons guard the US Consulate with ski masks on. I guess they're on payroll by the US government to protect the big US consulate in Juarez.

PS- that Fox wasn't me, FYI, it's Vicente Fox. :p;) Just wanna to enlighten up.

Honestly, Mexico is so corrupt it is disgusting. I am not even sure what the government is there for, drugs run that country.

why would an american news channel brodcast info on murders in a different country, i would understand if they were officials or cops but not civillians id say 90% of the murders in this country dont get news coverage, so why would we care about ones in other countries? oh thats right we dont!

Honestly, Mexico is so corrupt it is disgusting. I am not even sure what the government is there for, drugs run that country.

True, in many aspects...but another truth is that drugs are every where my friend...even here in the US of A......."dont fool yourself"...BTW, did you know, that tha' vast majority of the fire arms that the cartels use are provided from mafia's and connections in the US????? lol...bet you didnt know that ay???

No thats something that Hillary Clinton fudged on and the media has run with. Actually of the weapons released to the ATF by the mexican government 20% of the traceable weapons had US origins. Most of the weapons aren't traceable Mexico ,did not release anywhere near all the weapons they siezed,and Mexico has no way to check our data base.
Clinton said and its been debunked but certain news elements on both sides of the border are still piping it.

Last edited:
why would an american news channel brodcast info on murders in a different country, i would understand if they were officials or cops but not civillians id say 90% of the murders in this country dont get news coverage, so why would we care about ones in other countries? oh thats right we dont!

Because "news" is clearly the definition of happenings that affect our country...and whatever happends in our neighboring countries definitely has an impact in more than one ways towards our country..."we should care what happends in other countries, were not the only country in the world ya know?"

True, in many aspects...but another truth is that drugs are every where my friend...even here in the US of A......."dont fool yourself"...BTW, did you know, that tha' vast majority of the fire arms that the cartels use are provided from mafia's and connections in the US????? lol...bet you didnt know that ay???

Every country has drugs in it, but most don't allow the drugs to interfere with the government. Mexico is a huge funnel for supplying the USA with drugs from South America. And the corruption doesn't just involve drugs either, it reaches out to stolen land and sweat shop labor as well as many other things.

There is also the demographics of the border. Alot of people have family and friends across the border and there is also the real possibilty of spill over violence from Mexico into the US. It happened last year big time in Laredo Texas as an extention to the cartel war in Nuevo Laredo.

You can't equate the Border Country with the interior of the US. The Border Country is different always has been. It is effected by politics and crime on both sides of the Border at times it's almost a no mans land and a free for all.

As for drugs, it's there because there is a large demand.
It's funny that the "peace on earth" folks just can't get enough of criminal produced narcotics.

There is also the demographics of the border. Alot of people have family and friends across the border and there is also the real possibilty of spill over violence from Mexico into the US. It happened last year big time in Laredo Texas as an extention to the cartel war in Nuevo Laredo.

You can't equate the Border Country with the interior of the US. The Border Country is different always has been. It is effected by politics and crime on both sides of the Border at times it's almost a no mans land and a free for all.

Exactly...I second 03

Besides,...if you've never lived on a border city, then you have no clue bout' what goes on....I was born and raised on a border city...I've lived it, and experienced it up and close therefore that makes me an expert ;)

Back