Mexican Marines & general pics ( updated)

There are a number of islands in the Gulf of Mexico, most noteably Cuba. Also, the southern portion of Central America forms a geographical bottleneck and contains difficult terrain therefore it is best to have a marine option available.

Too much american influence there. Think about it, they're preparing for a threat that is not very realistic, sounds like GW went and had a lecture there. Cuba is too weak, and all the other countries are too small.

I sense the military industrial complex had something to do with this.

Nice Photos G.A.F.E.

Since Mexico is bordered by the Pacific Ocean and the Gulf of Mexico and the Caribbean. It makes sense to have a Amphibous Capable Response Force.

Military Industrial Complex........Okay Jim Garrison.

haha mexican marines.... i could make so many training jokes on that. bordercrossing training missions. i crack myself up.

If I remember events from the last 10 years, the Mexican military was used to put down Indian Rebellions and up risings.

I just googled it and got the rebel uprising of 94 where 200 rebels were killed. With that in mind, the Mexican military may be more geared to internal security.

The MX marines nowadays have some deficiencys. The good thing is that the Navy secreteriat is improving the capabilities of the marines. Is planned to buy Mi-24 attack helos for close support. Replace the BTR-60PB for APC BTR-70. Buy Heavy 155 guns. Improve individual equipment, i hope they replace the m16a2 by the G36. More improvement are expected for the next years.

aiw.jpg

aiz.jpg

asc.jpg

aji.jpg

aiv.jpg

akx.jpg

ajj.jpg

aot.jpg

ajg.jpg

ark.jpg

atf.jpg

behemoth79 said:
haha mexican marines.... i could make so many training jokes on that. bordercrossing training missions. i crack myself up.

So what are your jokes Funny Man? I'm bettin theres a whole lot you don't know about the Military of Mexico. You might be wise to read and learn from G.A.F.E.S. heck you might learn what his screen name means.

Otherwise I'd suggest you stay away from ethnic jokes about other cultures lest ye offend someone. Sabes High Speed.

Hi Hi

What does G.A.F.E.S. stand? Sorry about my ignorance.

I see alot of good Mexican/American or Hispanic fighters in CA. They show lot of hearts when in fist fights. With their love of fighting (boxing), I won't disount Mexico to be a combat-effective nation in the near future.

Airborne Special Forces Groups. The acronym in spanish is GAFEs.

Boxing is the second sport most practiced in Mexico. The cadets receive boxing training and tae kwon do too.

GAFEs
dsc005028jv.jpg

dsc005033fc.jpg

Whispering Death said:
I see A LOT of different guns in those pics, is this a big problem with the Mexican armed forces?

Not at all. Only the Special Forces utilize diffrent type of weaponry. Just like other SF of the world.

alv.jpg

Paratroopers saluting the national flag.

asb.jpg

atp.jpg

atq.jpg

aqv.jpg

Army Infantry.
''Siempre Leales''
Always Loyals

aqu.jpg

Heroic Military Academy ceremony.

apg.jpg

PANHARD ERC-90 LYNX & PANHARD VBL ( picture taken in the Chiapas Conflict 1994)

amk.jpg

atn.jpg

One of the main responsabilities of the armed forces is to provide help to the victims of natural disasters in Mexico. They also have been sent to differents countries of latin america to provide help and apply there extensive experience in this kind of scenarios.

ara.jpg

Cadets from the diverse specialized militray academies of the army.

asx.jpg

1 of many marines(naval brigades) that guard the oil platforms . Along with a Sf group.

03USMC said:
Nice Photos G.A.F.E.

Since Mexico is bordered by the Pacific Ocean and the Gulf of Mexico and the Caribbean. It makes sense to have a Amphibous Capable Response Force.

Military Industrial Complex........Okay Jim Garrison.

HAHAAA! Good stuff!

Back