Mexican Marines & general pics ( updated) - Page 5

--

April 12th, 2005  
chewie_nz

i was wondering that too, also noticed the EXTREMELY shiny garands, very cool
April 12th, 2005  
Charge 7

G.A.F.E.S., could you please reduce the size of those pics in the future. Many fit fine in my 17" screen at 1024x768 but the majority require me to scroll all over the place to see them and you lose alot of the effect in doing that.
April 23rd, 2005  
Mohmar Deathstrike

Quote:
Originally Posted by C/Cpl. Chirico

Thankyou for not just picking on Americans in that post. When I first started reading, I thought it was going to be just about Americans, but then you went on.
Yeah, at fist I was only going to write a post insulting the nationality of the poster of the first "joke", then decided to make fun of my double nationality aswell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzcut
Well damn, I couldn't be anymore amazed at how much more modernized the Mexican Military has been for the last decade, thought their army as smaller than Switzerland's and technologically worse than the Thailand Army but today, I have been quite denied. Hah, so how do you say "Semper Fi" in Spanish?
Has anyone seen the movie Once Upon A Time In Mexico?

The mexican military comes across as being stuck in the WW2 era (uniform and vehicle wise), except that they use M-16s and I think I saw a HMMWV somewhere.
--
April 23rd, 2005  
Mohmar Deathstrike

Delete this post please.
April 23rd, 2005  
AFSteliga

Very nice pics, G.A.F.E.S.
April 24th, 2005  
G.A.F.E.S.

Thanks to everyone for the comments.

Some pics from AERO EXPO 2005

F5

Hercules

representation of the equipment used by mexican pilots in world war 2

[/img]
April 24th, 2005  
G.A.F.E.S.

PANHARD VCRTT

Henschell HWK-11

DNC-1

women in the army

Gen. Richard Myers visits Mexico.

Heroic naval military academy cadets[/img]
April 24th, 2005  
vargsriket

Strange that the Special Forces parade along with the conventional troops. No face blurring or black boxing either heh. I guess the protection of identity of the SF operators isn't an issue in Mexico.
April 24th, 2005  
G.A.F.E.S.

Thats why the SF have their faces painted.

April 26th, 2005  
vargsriket

I guess that offers some level of protection. Though you dont see much of SF parading in other countries, they're always kept secret. Like, SEALs never show their faces, SAS even less, same goes for the Russian "Alpha" groups either. You'd never see them parading in a show of force.
But great pictures noneetheless, thanks for posting them, always interesting to see other countries' military might.