Mexican Assault rifle FX-05 ''Xiuhcoatl'' - Page 2

--

May 31st, 2006  
zander_0633

G36 is a great gun!
May 31st, 2006  
Bugfatty

Its funny how half of Mexico's population lives in poverty but the Army somehow finds the money to pay for these new fancy German rifles.
May 31st, 2006  
Space Cadet

I looked at the picture once more, and too me the stock on the FX-05 looks slightly different than the G36. It looks like some sort of combined solution with a retractable and a collapsible stock.
--
June 1st, 2006  
moving0target

Mexico's economy isn't exactly hurting. All the money is concentrated in a few hands, though. Little of the money goes toward the improvement of the population. Good thing their rich uncle to the north has more money than he knows what to do with...
June 1st, 2006  
5.56X45mm

Well, from what I see of this rifle.

On the inside, it's a G36. On the outside, it's a cross between a M4 carbine and a Sig 556 Rifle
June 1st, 2006  
systemlord

The only thing I know so far is that this rifle was based on the German G36, the original plan of the Mexican army was to built the G36 with the license of HK, however somehow they didn't get to a deal, therefore the Mexican engineers had to create the Mexican version with the same machinery the G36 is built with.

There is no official technical data available at the moment, some sources say its caliber is 5.56. And it doesn't have carry handle at all. It also doesn't have an optic scope, instead, it has iron sights. Anyway this is not official, so lets not believe everything.

Edit on that: It seems, that finally the license plan worked out. So the Mexican rifle is build under License of HK.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg mex454he.jpg (29.4 KB, 10 views)
June 1st, 2006  
zander_0633

Well, some things are in secret!