Mexican Armed Forces pictures.

G.A.F.E.S.

Hi. Since we lost the other WORLD MILITARY PICTURES topic, I decided to put my own. So here are some pictures from my country that i would like to share with the international community.

MEXICAN MARINE CORPS.

aiv.jpg

aiz.jpg

aiw.jpg

ajj.jpg

aji.jpg

ael.jpg

aak.jpg

im_1.jpg

abp.jpg

militaryphotos.net

Good pix.

Maybe G.A.F.E.S. you can post some short info about the size of Mexican armed forces, and main jet and navy and MBT and main rifles etc? And involvement in international conflicts etc?

What is Mexico's MBT of choice? I hadn't seen many pics posted by anyone with any tanks at all, but there seems to be a lot of 6 wheel armored vehicles in the pix from Mexico Armed Forces.

Do you use a lot of russian technology, like the Mi-17 in the pictures or is mostly american/western european technology being used. I think you posted before that the G36 was meant to replance the M-16s, is this still happening?

Hi.

Ok. To start, the Mexican Army doesn't have MBT, it only has light armoured vehicles. Right now I would consider the ERC-90 Lynx our ''main battle tank.'' We have a variation of modified wheeled armored vehicles and some track armored vehicles.

The armored vehicles that appear in the pictures are russian BTR-80 APC .
The Navy Secretariat (including Naval Air and Marines) has buy russian technology in the last couple of years. Recently, they received 50 URAL trucks, and a couple of more Mi-17s. They are planing to buy Mi-24 HIND from Russia.

The Navy Secretariat main assault rifle is the M16A1/A2, and they are not planing to replace it. The National Defense Secretariat is the one that is going to replace the G3 for the G36 modern assault rifle.The National Defense Secretariat (including Army and Air Force) and
Navy Secretariat (including Naval Air and Marines) are totally independent from each other , each one receives their own budget and they decide what to buy.

As aditional information. The mx marines were using onother uniform similar to the woodland . Im not sure if they are still using it. You can see it in one of the pictures above.

saludos.

more

Pictures from gettyimages.com

Pictures in general where the mx armed forces apear.

Recent Military Parade celebrating independence day sep 16.

51314957.jpg

1385518.jpg

2996963.jpg

gafes.jpg

Prime minister from Japan & historical russian President Putin visit to Mexico. Here you can see the Presidential Guards and Heroic Military School cadets .

51318164.jpg

50936778.jpg

MX Marines . Pictures from 1998.

51100398.jpg

3560.jpg

Mexican Soldiers back in 1944.

1944ejer.jpg

3561.jpg

Army fighting the Ezln guerrilla in the Chiapas Conflict 1994.

51422359.jpg

51420758.jpg

51426784.jpg

1143426.jpg

1143412.jpg

51426698.jpg

51426735.jpg

2838785.jpg

51426736.jpg

51426774.jpg

51423645.jpg

51421994.jpg

Chiapas ezln guerrilla.

guerrillaezln.jpg

51430513.jpg

Mx Army in operations against organized crime.

51425610.jpg

51425611.jpg

51092100.jpg

51089927.jpg

51089926.jpg

More pictures...

51424393.jpg

1319681.jpg

50682596.jpg

soldados-mexicanos.jpg

ayudandoalagente.jpg

1180001.jpg

Is there a lot of co-operation between the navy and national defence secretariat, or is them being seperate bodies cause logistical/supply problems. Is there a higher overall body, like a ministry of defence or is the president he top of both seperatly.

Good stuff.
The "GI" type helmet seems to be coming very standard throughout the world. Not just the US, but Korea, China and even Mexico. I'm sure there are a lot more others who use the same helmet as well.

Are those turkish cobra recon vehicles? (the vehicle in between the pics of the grenade launcher and the one with the EZLN flag in the background)

G.A.F.E.S. said:
Ok. To start, the Mexican Army doesn't have MBT, it only has light armoured vehicles. Right now I would consider the ERC-90 Lynx our ''main battle tank.'' We have a variation of modified wheeled armored vehicles and some track armored vehicles.
Its fine and I think I remember somebody else saying that too come to think of it. With a low likelihood of facing an enemy that is well equipped in the MBT department, it becomes far less crucial. It can also be argued that wheeled AFV's and APC's make up for most inadequecies by being more mobile/faster than tracked vehicles.

the_13th_redneck said:
Good stuff.
The "GI" type helmet seems to be coming very standard throughout the world. Not just the US, but Korea, China and even Mexico. I'm sure there are a lot more others who use the same helmet as well.

That's true. But I still think there are only a handfull countries which are using and going to use this type helmets.

Is there a lot of co-operation between the navy and national defence secretariat, or is them being seperate bodies cause logistical/supply problems. Is there a higher overall body, like a ministry of defence or is the president he top of both seperatly.

No. The two secretariats are independent from each other. The president is the chief and commander of the armed forces. There's no ministry of defense that controls both secreatriats. For example; The national defense secretariat produces all its needs, while the navy secretariat buys them from other countries.

Are those turkish cobra recon vehicles? (the vehicle in between the pics of the grenade launcher and the one with the EZLN flag in the background)

No. They are Panhard VBL . Made in France. They are veru useful. We have them equipt with granade launchers and MILAN anti-tank.

akc.jpg

Those don't look like they'd work too well for the claustrophobic. :lol:

Does the Mexican military use any tracked vehicles?

Pretty sharp looking on Independence day. Not bad, I thought they would a little less sharp. My family is from Mexico, just to keep me from being flamed to death.

Back