Metal Storm

Well, I gotta agree with 5.56X45mm's opinon. I think it is against the 2nd. Well, it will be long discussing. Program the gun or not? If I have a wife and a kid. I got the smart gun. The smart gun is upstairs in my bedroom. My wife sleeping in the bedroom. my kid sleeping in other bedroom on the second floors. I'm watching the TV. the home-invader come into my house. I noticed he have a gun. he shot me in the leg. My wife is upstairs, heard the shot. So, the kid is....heard the shot. She gotta make sure the kid is alright. She heard the stepping going up. She notice it's an insane bad man with a gun. She grabbed my smart gun and *click*. My wife or kid would be killed by an insane bad man. So....I'm not going support the smart gun. (it is just fiction story, people.)

Well, I gotta agree with 5.56X45mm's opinon. I think it is against the 2nd. Well, it will be long discussing. Program the gun or not? If I have a wife and a kid. I got the smart gun. The smart gun is upstairs in my bedroom. My wife sleeping in the bedroom. my kid sleeping in other bedroom on the second floors. I'm watching the TV. the home-invader come into my house. I noticed he have a gun. he shot me in the leg. My wife is upstairs, heard the shot. So, the kid is....heard the shot. She gotta make sure the kid is alright. She heard the stepping going up. She notice it's an insane bad man with a gun. She grabbed my smart gun and *click*. My wife or kid would be killed by an insane bad man. So....I'm not going support the smart gun. (it is just fiction story, people.)

Learn to read f'ing post god dam me and LORS (lover of richard simmons) both said the same thing.

rabs said:
Battlefeild weapons have no need for smart systems, but I think they would be helpful in police and home defense situations. Theres no reason the technolgoy cant advance to the point were you can get the firearm to accept multiple people.

LORS said:
Wait for it...wait for it....what about...a gun, that, *gasp* two or more people could operate? Who's to say that technology is limited to one person?

Lover of Richard Simmons said:
Wait for it...wait for it....what about...a gun, that, *gasp* two or more people could operate? Who's to say that technology is limited to one person?

Jeeze Louise...

What if a friend was in the house and didn't have the smart gun access? Or the kid? We could play the "what if" game all day long, but it doesn't change the fact that there are scenarios that would prevent law abiding people from defending themselves against the bad people.

Also, sarcasm is not always a good way to get your point across. There's no need for that in a civil discussion.

Maytime said:
What if a friend was in the house and didn't have the smart gun access? Or the kid? We could play the "what if" game all day long, but it doesn't change the fact that there are scenarios that would prevent law abiding people from defending themselves against the bad people.

Also, sarcasm is not always a good way to get your point across. There's no need for that in a civil discussion.

There always scenarios that will prevent law abiding citizens from defending themselves...with or without ID-tagged weapons.

It's not always a good way, yea, but in this case it sure was.

Ronin said:
[Sarcasm is] not always a good way, yea, but in this case it sure was.

No it wasn't; you could have easily used other verbage to get your point across without insulting my intelligence.

*Note to mods: I will show respect when I'm shown some in return.

AussieNick said:
The systems that have massive rates of fire are not intended to be man portable. They are designed as fixed items. The original head-line grabbing device was capable of a million rounds a minute, that doesn't mean it can sustain fire for a minute. It was designed to create a wall of bullets, like the Phalanx system. These are designed to be ship mounted, or area denial systems.

Obviously Private Shmukatello can't lug around 250,000 rounds on patrol.

read the article again and you are right. this would prob be very effective as anti aircraft or anti missle device. and it would make a good area defense system. there is a special on discoery channel about new weapons and this is on it right now. ironic.

It comes down to the whole idea of the 2nd Amendment. I and everyone else as the legal right to keep and bear arms.

THe Federal government doesn't have the legal right to tell me what my gun can and can't have and also how my gun works.

5.56x45mm said:
The Federal government doesn't have the legal right to tell me what my gun can and can't have and also how my gun works.

What I can't stand is the whole post-86 dealer sample nonsense for automatic weaps, and the import bans. I think if the Feds want to control these weapons AND make law abiding, responsible citizens happy, they could make the papertrail longer, open up the market a bit. I don't want to spend 14 grand for a Colt SP1 for crying out loud.

Back on topic: I wonder if metal storm could be configured on a jet or any airplane for that matter, to intercept missiles as a last ditch effort after flares, chaff, etc has been exhausted?

Back on topic: I wonder if metal storm could be configured on a jet or any airplane for that matter, to intercept missiles as a last ditch effort after flares, chaff, etc has been exhausted?

Or for use on the venerable AC-130 for example

AussieNick said:
Or for use on the venerable AC-130 for example.

We might have to call it something other than just Puff the Magic Dragon. Something like Ye-Who-Kills-Everything-In-Its-LOF.

Back