Mess thefts

r031Button

In my regiment it's tradition that the Junior Ranks mess and the Officer's Mess try to steal the regimental Mascot during our regimental dinner. I am quite proud to say that this year the Junior Ranks sucessfully stole one wooden carving of a Ram from behind the bar of the officers mess through drunken cunning and braver :rambo:

Well, it is the regimental mascot; so it's not like we're stealing each other's mascots. Besides; it helps build a relationship between the ranks and the officers. It can only happen that one night though; officers aren't allowed in the Junior Ranks and vice versa on any other night.

On one of our courses it used to be tradition to steal a knife, engrave your name on it, and mail it back to the mess... It stopped once people realised how stupid it was to put your name on something you stole. (man some kids are funny :p)

DefiantCdr said:
On one of our courses it used to be tradition to steal a knife, engrave your name on it, and mail it back to the mess... It stopped once people realised how stupid it was to put your name on something you stole. (man some kids are funny :p)

You were one of them wern't you
:cheers:

If you sent the knife back, you never stole it in the first place. You merely "borrowed" it and returned it. No shame in that.

"There should be more of it", I say.

Ahh the good ole "I am going to take your ****" pranks. I have had a retired SF MSG tell me how they would sneak into the Marine compound at night and take their hummers during the first Gulf War. They would take them joy riding, run all of the gas out of them and then leave them 500 meters outside of the front gate. Talk about audacity... This story might or might not be true but the man was legitimate.

Last edited:
Back