Merry X-mas to everyone who's serving away from home!

Redleg

The fire is everything
Staff member
I want to send a very own christmas/holiday greetings to everyone who's serving away from their home and family this year!

I've done that myself on a couple of occasions, and I know that it can be quite hard to serve far away from your near and dear especially during the holiday seasons.

So here's a big thanks, and a merry X-mas/holiday to all of you! :salute2: :santa:

I know what it is like to serve away from family over the holiday's. It is good to be home this year. It is a sacrifice, but the life we have chosen.

Happy Holidays to all..

A sharp hand salute to all those who sacrifice their Christmas to make Christmas possible for the rest of us. From the first American soldiers who had to spend their Christmas at Valley Forge to Christmas during the Bulge in WWII, to spending Christmas at some FSB in the jungles of Vietnam, to our heroes today spending Christmas in Iraq and Afghanistan. :salute2:

Thanks guys! It's my 4th Christmas away from family in 5 years. The 2nd one in the Marines here.
You get used to it though.
Lucky me I didn't have guard duty hahahahah!
Merry Christmas to all of you :D

My second Christmas in a row away from home and working. No complaints, though -- I consider it an honor to be "watching over," and responsible for the health and welfare of, my fellow citizens (and by extension, our allies and its citizens) during this holiday season. And frankly, it could be a lot worse -- at least I'll see my fiancée as of Wednesday, and I'll spend New Year's with her.

To all the troops, of all nations, serving overseas and away from home: best wishes for a safe Christmas, and hope you get home soon and safely. :salute2:

Last edited:
Merry Christmas to all troops - all nations - serving away from their friends and family.

merry christmas and a happy new year to all members of the armed forces who are away from family and loved ones this year.

merry christmas and happy new year to all men and women of allied armed forces serving in different corners of the world who are endangering their lives for the dignity of mankind and safety of our people at home.

Back